How to reason with a rapist.

by flower 43 Replies latest jw experiences

• saltiest
    saltiest

termite,

I just wanted to let you know I am the same way, even though my attacks happened seven and eight years ago. I don't know if it wouldn't have been different, but I know that being stalked for months, attacked, then stalked some more, attacked again, and stalked even more...has made me somewhat paranoid. It varies. When I'm with my man I am just fine as he is tall, strong and could take many men down. But if I'm walking by myself or with my daughter, my heart will will beat faster and my body heats up if I think someone could be following me, or looking to do something.

It has been tough, since I pride myself on being very independant, but I gradually worked my confidence up again. Of course, this doesn't mean I'm not watchful and aware of my surroundings, but I'm also not afraid to do what I have to do to stay safe.

(hugs) termite and flower and all the others who have had to go through it all.

Alicia

suits were just hugging
    their a**es in a sexually
    promiscuous way as they walked
    up and down the aisles
    fondling their microphones
    provocatively.

Wow, someone else noticed, too? I swore I was seeing things when I saw how those young men treated the microphone. And all those years the women were counseled on not to wear tight clothing and yet the men's suits were almost always tight against their butts, swishing as as they walked. Ugh.

edited to add comment to Spaz

Edited by - saltiest on 27 June 2002 13:19:52

• Europe
    Europe

Any more recent articles than this one??????

*** Watchtower 1968 June 1 pp.345-50 The Christian's View of Self-Defense ***

Would it be different if the man had a weapon and threatened to kill you if you did not submit? No, the Scriptures plainly state that Christians are under obligation to "flee from fornication." (1 Cor. 6:18) It is true that you face the possibility of death in this case. But you have no guarantee that if you meekly submit, your assailant will not kill you anyhow to avoid identification.

As his comment was:

"Btw. they are from 1968, we have had hundreds of new articles concerning these topics during the last 34 years with a more progressive understanding. Funny that they didn't take these ones.""

• flower
    flower

Well maybe you could ask him to send the Watchtowers with the 'new light' to my former congregation as they apparently havent recieved their shipments yet since I was df'd less than 3 years ago and was grilled with the standard 'did you scream?' 'did you fight?' type questions along with the explicit questions regarding the sexual acts themselves including everything short of giving a demonstration.

I wouldnt doubt that the policy has changed and that they just dont know since the Society has a habit of highly publicizing their stand on something and then when their policy changes due to 'new light' they stick a little blurb in an article on a totally different subject.

Why dont they have a part on the Tuesday night program called "New Light"? They could update everyone on the recent changes to policy on whatever subject and then there would be no confusion or misunderstanding. But NO, instead they have "Local Needs" where they lecture people on the length of their skirts, the kind of hair styles they wear and tell them not to go see the latest movie in theaters. Much more important dont ya think?

I have only two words for JW apologists like the guy who wrote that..but i'll be good and wont post em here.

• morrisamb
    morrisamb

Thank you Europe for your "insight"(?!) I immediately cut and pasted the '68 WT quote and sent it to a friend with this introduction

Hey, Kurt, at the publication of this article, I had been abused already for 3 years. Guess that's why the Elders, at the disclosure in '73, considered it a sin instead of a crime. Hey we didn't scream!

*** Watchtower 1968 June 1 pp.345-50 The Christian's View of Self-Defense ***

Would it be different if the man had a weapon and threatened to kill you if you did not submit? No, the Scriptures plainly state that Christians are under obligation to "flee from fornication." (1 Cor. 6:18) It is true that you face the possibility of death in this case. But you have no guarantee that if you meekly submit, your assailant will not kill you anyhow to avoid identification

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit