How to reason with a rapist.

by flower 43 Replies latest jw experiences

• flower
    flower

(title modified per request)

And to think, I thought I was valuing my precious gift of life so much that I was willing to sumbit to a violent crime in order stay alive. How twisted my thinking.

I should have calmly explained to him that I would not compromise my relationship with the christian congregation and Jehovah. I'm sure that would have made him change his mind since several 'NO i'm not doing anything with you' didnt. I'm sure even though he probably had a 3rd grade education he would have understood and apologized for everything before going on his merry way.

*** Watchtower 1980 October 15 p.7 Avoiding the Tragedy of Rape ***Back in March 1974, Awake! magazine described how a man with a gun had held two of Jehovah's Witnesses prisoner in a hotel room. As he reached for the zipper on one girl's blouse, she exclaimed: "No! No! Not that!" She told him that if he touched her she would scream as he had never heard anyone scream before. She explained that if she did not she would ruin her relationship with Jehovah God and the Christian congregation. (Compare Deuteronomy 22:22-29.) Her firm demand: "Don't you touch me or come near me" kept the rapist at bay.

This woman did the Scripturally proper thing, which actually is the best thing to do. A Christian woman is under obligation to resist, for the issue of obedience to God's law to "flee from fornication" is involved. (1 Cor. 6:18) By no means would it be proper for her willingly to submit to being raped.

*** Watchtower 1968 June 1 pp.345-50 The Christian's View of Self-Defense ***

Would it be different if the man had a weapon and threatened to kill you if you did not submit? No, the Scriptures plainly state that Christians are under obligation to "flee from fornication." (1 Cor. 6:18) It is true that you face the possibility of death in this case. But you have no guarantee that if you meekly submit, your assailant will not kill you anyhow to avoid identification.

...Christian women are wise if they do all they can to avoid making themselves targets for rapists. Knowing that the morals of this generation are sinking to new lows, take every precaution.

...If a woman adopts the provocative, suggestive styles of dress now so prevalent, she indicates that she is a woman of loose morals, and in so doing she may invite trouble.

flower

• BeautifulGarbage
    BeautifulGarbage

! ! !

So sorry for what you had to go through, Flower.

Andee

• D8TA
    D8TA
    ...If a woman adopts the provocative, suggestive styles of dress now so prevalent, she indicates that she is a woman of loose morals, and in so doing she may invite trouble.

notice it DOES NOT say: She MAY indicate that she is a woman of loose morals

Nope.

It's direct statement. requote: "she INDICATES THAT SHE IS IS IS IS IS IS IS a woman of loose morals."

Now I'm beginning to understand WHY there are ANONYMOUS authors to these articles.

Every Victim, Every Victim's partner would probably corner this idiot in an alley. Make a comment on how his "shirt and tie" is "turning them on"...take a stick...bend the author of this article over, and proceed to exemplify the "logic" of the WTBTS.

Why blame the Victim/Victim's partner for doing this action? They are just using the same "logic" as the WTBTS.

The authors "shirt and tie" provoked the attack...who knows? Perhaps the "shirt and tie" was "provocative".

So please do as the WTBTS logic suggests...find a Governing Body member, notify them that their suit is "turning you on" and proceed to shove a stick up their butt. When they complain, kindly explain from their own article, that you are being a good little witness and doing as told.

D8TA

• flower
    flower

Thanks, but I'm not sorry...just angry. Wouldnt have my sweetie pie if I didnt go through it so I'm glad I did.

flower

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

question/suggestion:

May I ask why you are scattering these postings ove several threads?

And can you give them some logical searchable name?

They are very good, but how is anybody supposed to find these things doing a search? Simon's getting 20, 30, 40 new registered users per day sometimes, and I think they should see your stuff, but how can they when you do it this way?

Put in 'rape' in the search engine and see what pops up. It would be nice if your stuff popped up as well.

(((flower)))

Keep 'em coming

BEFORE YOU TRY AND REMOVE THE STICK FROM MY ARSE, REMOVE THE TELEPHONE POLE FROM YOUR OWN ARSE.

• Matty
    Matty

(((flower)))
    Yes, I agree - your gems are easy to miss amongst the dross (no offence!).

This issue has always angered me to boiling point. And I know it annoys many sisters too, but they put up with it, just the same as they put up with King David being put up as some kind of wonderful exemplar.

But thats Jehovah's Mysoginist Witnesses for you.

Oh, she was asking for it - her skirt hemline was above her knee!!!
    [>:(]

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Just curious....does YOU KNOW or any of the JW apologists EVER post to these types of threads, or are they always conspiculously absent?

• Matty
    Matty

I suppose this is throwing down the gauntlet a bit, but how can they possibly justify the abhorrent, repulsive and downright hypocritical stance the WBTS have for victims of rape. It's all there in black and white.

• flower
    flower

Sorry Dungbeetle, I never thought about how I was posting or that people might be doing searches for information..I just post the way I feel and it comes out how it comes out.

I'll 'try' to do them better from now on.

flower

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

flower: you underestimate the value and quality of your posts is all.

Someobody feeling very fragile is going to come along at just the right time and see these posts of yours---you just watch!!!

((((flower ))))..of the 'getting better every day' class!!!

BEFORE YOU TRY AND REMOVE THE STICK FROM MY ARSE, REMOVE THE TELEPHONE POLE FROM YOUR OWN ARSE.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit