Watched 3 season of game of thrones - I want those 25+ hours of my life back

by will-be-apostate 19 Replies latest social entertainment

• will-be-apostate
    will-be-apostate

This is the worst series I've ever watched in my life. Whenever things are starting to get smooth and good characters seem to gain advantage, the writers just kill them. I've wasted 25+ hours of my life watching how the writers make the bad win over the good.

They make you continue watching by planting the seed in your head that "just a few more episodes and everything is gonna be all right", but no, painful death comes upon anyone who is not cruel and perfidious enaugh. Almost all the bad characters are presented in situations where you develop a good feeling toward them, they let you see the good part of their personality so that in the end you cannot even decide which side to pick. Even Khaleesi starts to become a cruel bicth, I can see it coming.

But what did I expect? It's called Game of Thrones, it's like gambling. A latin-american telenovela makes more sense this show.Yet it scores 9.5 on IMDB.

What do you think? Don't tell me to read the books instead, I'm complaining here about the series.

• designs
    designs

You have now earned the right to ride a dragon...go forth and conquer.

• will-be-apostate
    will-be-apostate

Is that supposed to give me back my inner peace?

• designs
    designs

Don't know but after watching I have this urge to be a Viking.

• tresdecu
    tresdecu

LOL

Personally I think it's pretty dumb to spend that long watching something you hate...Games of Thrones is an Amazing show, in my humble opinion. I think you are probably in the minority. Next time if you don't like a show, I would recommend stopping by at least ep. # 3, that way you limit your time being wasted. ;-)

• will-be-apostate
    will-be-apostate

Can you imagine how terrible this experience is to me after watching How I Met You Mother's ending? hardly got over it.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

OMG ....I am so hooked on Game Of Thrones . I have read the books ,and have watched the series completely through .IT IS AWESOME !! Can't wait toinight is the season premire of season four !!!!

will-be-apostate....I am afraid we can not be friends .....your blasphemy is just too much for me to handle .....LOL

I love how the author is such a sick twisted master at drawing you in and then dashing all your hopes and dreams .(RED WEDDING )

Still have to read Dance of Dragons and see what he has in store for Danareyes (sp?)

My greatest fear is that the author will die before he completes the series !

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I hate it! I did not read the books, though. It seems from the HBO site that readers love it. The violence is over the top. I could not keep the storyline straight. Miss a single episode and you are lost. I am prob. too old for the demographic they seek. The other HBO shows I love. Maybe if I had someone to explain what was happening. I would rather read any book. Well, not WT books. Normal books.

• will-be-apostate
    will-be-apostate

No, we won't be friends.

Also, not even after the third season I can keep up with the names and they didn't bother putting subtitles for dothraki in the third season.

• Gregor
    Gregor

Between the graphic sex and beheadings the dialogue is gibberish. I made it through one episode.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit