First post after a year or two of lurking on this site-Sorry for the length!

by Pattytheperfect1 36 Replies latest jw experiences

• cha ching
    cha ching

Hi Patty! Good for you!

Like 'nando said, and I agree, 'letting it out feels good'... frees the soul,

and I was thinking the same thing Jgnat was: Just show up unexpectedly!

(You should never have to spend another second with that terrible man!)

Hugs to you! & hugs to your hubby who loves you ;-)

Cha Ching!

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Welcome and Wow! What a horrible childhood. I sense that you are a strong woman that no longer takes crap from anyone - good for you!

Good luck - remember the best revenge is leading a successful life. Something tells me you are up to the task.

• zebagain
    zebagain

In your writing here you have removed the bandage off the ulcer. You have started to release the stink and decay. bath your wounds with our love from afar seek counseling and know that while the scars will remain from this moment you are healing.

Peace unto you.

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

Hi honey and welcome to the jwn family.

You have come through hell and survived. Your story both saddened and inspired me, why? Because you are a survivor and are proof there are good things outside of the WT. I am so glad you have a good man. Cherish him and keep positive.

As for this Uncle-Dad filth, I'd like to mash his balls up. Anger is sometimes positive!!!

Have you considered a wee bit of counselling? It might be worth looking into.

Thank you for your story.

Qcf xx

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

pattytheperfect1, no need to apologize for the length of your thread.

I thoroughly enjoyed your introduction. You're a survivor and it sounds like you really got it together. I wish you well and look forward to your other posts here.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

Welcome, Patty.

Ignore the bitchy post from Villagegirl.

Glad you are able to talk about your past, it helps.

• Quandry
    Quandry

Welcome to the forum.

It sounds to me as if you have grown to become a strong, self-assured woman (even if you sometimes don't feel it due to your past).

Have you been able to reconnect with your mother?

• Stirred
    Stirred

Dear Patty,

What a terrible ordeal you endured. I'm glad to hear you are on the road to recovery but am so concerned that nothing more is done with this abuser. He should be made to pay for your therapy, should be kept in check from other kids At hall ane in service. He should be made to go through therapy too I think. Surely the elders need better training to handle such a case and I am so sorry they did not treat you better.

I just don't understand the response of the elders or ANY of your family members. You have moved me to respond though I haven't posted before. I hope that you continue to heal and have a happy and healthy life.

I wonder if you are in touch with your mother and other brother.

Stirred

• jemba
    jemba

Thankyou Patty, an amazing first post. Sorry Villagegirl was rude to you :(

I love your strength and determination. Feel free to keep venting here. We are here to listen not judge.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Wow. What a story! You should work on a book, and through writing you may discover some peace. I'm so sorry for what you have been through.

Skeeter

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit