Understanding the differences between doing a good job and doing a perfect job

by Terry 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Terry
    Terry

POINT: The Bible's use of perfect is not without flaw. Perfect once meant complete.

RESPONSE: Factually, I agree. My context, however, is the Society's version. The WTS is led by Puritans of a latter day bent. Puritans

are obsessive-compulsive and neurotic. Perfectionism is a mental aberration. It is little wonder we find that absolutism of JW's strangling

the humanity and empathy out of their theology.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

No one is absolutely perfect. Human beings cannot be absolutely perfect--it is simply impossible. You see, you have three major racial groups (and many variations). What is perfect in one group is a flaw in the others, and will work poorly if at all. This goes with cultures as well as physical features--what is a perfect culture for one group is bad for another group.

Now, the standard they like to use is the ultimate standard--desiring no fun, no enjoyment, no happiness. A human that had no wish for happiness would be perfect for joke-hova and the draconians. However, such would not be perfect for anyone else. Life under the draconians would be miserable all the time for everyone under them--perfect for the draconians, but not for us. This is the standard that was supposed to be used. Which we know was incompatible, since Adam had desire for fun even before "sinning". Either Adam was not perfect according to joke-hova's standard, or someone is using a double standard. Now, supposedly joke-hova intended to bring Adam's life into perfection by taking all the happiness away, and needed to ban knowledge of good and bad to prepare him (and us) for that. Which would have been perfect for the draconians.

Satan's idea of perfect is different. Unlike joke-hova, Satan wants us to be independent and happy. Sexual activity is part of that. Having material things is another. And developing the ability to work within the astral, raising energy and using it to accomplish what we want, is part of Satan's perfection. Now, such would be incompatible with what the draconians want for us. Stupidity is incompatible with freedom, hence it is the only major sin in Satanism. However, stupidity is perfectly compatible with the draconians and joke-hova's agenda. Hence, the perfect human in joke-hova's eyes would be stupid and slavish. The exact opposite of what Satan's idea of perfection is--which is being able to fully master the universe and its energy.

• Terry
    Terry

The Watch Tower ideal for a human is to become NOT human!

This also appears to be the basic flaw of Scripture.

Why create a creature and condemn it for being?

This is the basic flaw in hating on homosexuals. If they are born who they are--why destroy them for their nature?

The fantasy fulfillment of Christianity is the destruction of what is human. They call it "transformation" and pretend

getting rid of "the flesh" is joyous fulfillment. I find this deeply existentially self-hating.

• DuvanMuvan
    DuvanMuvan

Rip van winkle I always hated that bread pan illustration. What wise god can't be bothered to get a new bread pan? Or fix the flipping dent? Then when all his bread doesnt turn out how he wants it, he throws a hissy fit and destroys everything?

• Terry
    Terry

The fallacy of the false analogy!

Sin is physical?

What is the genetic mechanism of transmitted sin?

The Catholic Church realized the illogic and had to invent out of thin air the weird doctrine of IMMACULATE CONCEPTION.

Mary was born without sin.

Now how is that for solving a problem by creating a worse one?

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I am an arts buff. Art as in art history, not studio art. No painting is perfect. People want the imperfections. Art curators know one of the ways to establish fraud is if something is too perfect. I never heard of any perfect people at Bethel. The WT perfect sense has haunted me. I tend to be a perfectionist. Perfectionists don't accomplish much. There are so many things I don't do b/c I can't do them perfectly. Computers can approach perfect but people prefer human. Many strangers encourage me to write books. Well, I don't see how I can improve on Shakespeare or Fitzgerald. Meanwhile, I go to my local library and bookstore and pick up books I could write in a single day. I show them to my sister. She agrees I could do it easily. Yet I don't.

• Terry
    Terry

If a burglar wants to break into a home with an alarm system, how easy it would be if they could get the homeowner to disconnect it for them!

Show up at their door and convince them of a flaw in the system. Tell them you can improve the alarm. Get them to turn it off so you can

adjust it. Viola!

Personally, I think the concept of PERFECTION is a ploy, a gimmick to weaken others, tear them down and debilitate self-confidence.

Why? So the practitioners can rebuild them with their own bogus remedies!

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Terry,

I totally agree with your last post. Before the Witnesses, I was one confident little girl. I think I slept through the conventions and meetings. When I reached the fourth grade, I had great anxiety. How could I ever be good enough to survive Armageddon? Everyone I liked would be killed. My JW aunt and gm started praising my cousins who were JWs.

After four decades out, I will lightly brush against something and it falls. I start apologizing fervently I get strange looks. I cannot stop once I start with my intense "I'm sorry." I wish I could get photographs of friends or bystanders faces. They are very worried about me. Nothing was good enough at KH. They laughed at me. Well, most people would laugh at them. This exaggerated, pathological sense of badness is why I keep posting here. I joke about it but it isn't funny. Even as I start apologizing, my objective self knows I did not do anything. If I did, so what.

It is also difficult in law b/c I see the text. Well, I saw the WT text but brothers who were wrong had to correct me. I will do anything to be with Ivy Leaguers. The Ivy League is not so great. I just don't ever want to be with ignorant men again.

• Terry
    Terry

Upon additional reflection it becomes clear

the Watchtower use of the word "perfect" is

arbitrary grandstanding in order to promote

the idea of self-victimization for humanity as

a shallow support and deflection away from

the real problem: JEHOVAH'S ineffectual problem solving skills.

Had God handled human nature "knowingly" He could never

have rigged a set of alternatives as ignorantly as we are given to understand in Genesis;

human nature is only what God made it to be in the first place.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

If Adam and Eve were perfect without sin and created as such, how could they've disobeyed god and did what they did ?

If they did not know what sin was prior to eating the fruit, why did god punish them as he did ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit