Local Needs talk on Cleanliness and how youll get Hepatitis C if youre not clean.

by Jon Preston 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Jon Preston
    Jon Preston

I had to highlight this part because i was DYING laughing on the inside when it was given.

The talk first starts by the brother bringing out how clean GODs people were in the past and how he gave specific direction to the Israelites for disposing if waste. Then he said that a sister stepped in gum outside on the pavement so we should not chew gum at the KH.Eat mints instead!

Then he brought out an important point about keeping the bathroom sanitized and he says: "and just recently we found blood in the sink in one of the bathrooms. We have to keep these bathrooms clean. Did you know that Hepatitis C can remain on a surface for 6 weeks even if you wife off the blood, and that can lead to extreme liver damage later on? Lets not get theatrical but you see how important it is."

Lol i giggled.Good for the kids right?

"Listen kids sparlock bleeds on the counter cause satan wants you to get HEP C and eat your liver with some fava beans and a nice Chianti!"

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

Sounds like a bundle of laughs.

• blondie
    blondie

Or gum under the chairs....that was a pain cleaning before the meeting.

Perhaps people could leave their blood at home.

Or the brother who would never touch a doorknob without using a hankie...can get aids you know.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Masterbation will make you go blind

A woman can get pregnant only if she has sex in the back seat of a car

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I used to have the phrase "Where there's blood, there's bleach". So what if there is blood in the sink? What happens if I put bleach on a sponge or paper towel and use that to clean it up? I am pretty sure that doing this would destroy whatever hepatitis or AIDS viruses, along with more common flu and cold viruses, that happen to be on that surface. I challenge them to see if hepatitis C can survive for 6 weeks on a surface after I put bleach on it. Another way to disinfect it is to use a UV-C lamp and shine it on the surface. Warning: Do not look into this light because it can burn out your eyes, and it can create a nasty sunburn. It can also destroy whatever hepatitis C is on that surface.

As for burying wastes, that is the worst thing you can do. Sunlight helps disinfect it, and if it is exposed to direct sunlight, it will break down. Another thing that helps is placing it on pasture or forest floor--especially if sunlight hits the area. Manure left that way in nature decomposes in short order. Burying it, especially when the ground is dry and does not have much organic matter, will inhibit this decomposition by oxygen and sunlight. The gum, well improper disposal is the reason for stepping in it. If whoever had that gum would have deposited it in a rubbish receptacle instead, no one would have stepped in it.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

More medical advice from gods spokesman..... less gum more hand soap.

• sir82
    sir82

"For god's sake, brothers, if you're going to bleed, do it at home!"

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

It's great how these idiots get on stage and spout whatever nonsense they think of, then pass it off as fact. It took me about 30 seconds to find this on a web search:

"The hepatitis C virus, or HCV, can live outside the body for up to 4 days. However, many experts think it usually survives up to 16 hours at room temperature."

http://hepatitis.about.com/od/questions/f/Virus_live.htm

16 hours, or possibly 4 days at worst, is a far cry from the claimed six weeks.

• blondie
    blondie

I wonder if anyone ever sits down on a toilet seat there.

• carla
    carla

Years ago didn't they have an awake or other publication with an entire article devoted to the importance of washing your hands after using the toilet? I remember it because it was when my jw first joined up and I had found the article and asked if he was frickin' serious about joining a so called religion that had to tell it's members to wash their hands after going to the bathroom?! in a "religious" magazine?! don't most "religious" magazines talk about, oh, I dunno, maybe Jesus? the Bible? or perhaps the 10 commandments?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit