BU2B's debut talk about Abiram, with TTATT seasoning

by suavojr 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Was that the actual talk recorded at the hall or a practice version? Good effort, factual accurate and thought provoking. Expect questions from the uncles.

• BU2B
    BU2B

Thanks for posting Suavojr, glad you guys liked it.. To answer slidn fasts question, the talk was given in the second school which actually made me more nervous than the main hall.. Must be the proximity. It was recorded live. My practice version was much better believe me :)

• ProfCNJ
    ProfCNJ

Hi there BU2B. We just came from our midweek meeting. Wow! That was full of guts brotha!

Please update us how did the Theocrative Overseer reacted after your talk. What counsel did you receive? :)

• cha ching
    cha ching

Ahhhhhh suuuummmm!!!!

• blondie
    blondie

I thought your talk was very good; you let people listen to what the scriptures said and made good examples especially, would they have brought their earrings to be made into an idol even if the high priest (anointed by God) said so. Later is Israelite times would they have thrown their children into the fire because the priests/kings were doing so and supervising it. Remember this nation was still God's special people, they were no Gentile sinners.

Many a time I asked an elder if you should obey things knowing they were wrong. As the apostles told the Jewish religious leaders, We must obey God as ruler rather than men.

I like to point out that the 250 that rebelled were "elders" not men or women without status.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Suavojr, you're a subversive little bugger.

Well done.

• Ding
    Ding

Very good... not following Aaron the high priest when you know he's wrong...

How was the talk received?

• suavojr
    suavojr

Just to clarify... bu2b sent me the original version where you can hear the brother talking about his talk, after he was done. I decided not to include the ending because his last name is mentioned.

• BU2B
    BU2B

Thanks for all of the feedback guys! Blondie- That is a great point you bring out about the child sacrifice! The leaders (GB) order you to sacrifice your child through false reasoning (blood issue) do you obey? Do you say, they are "Jehovahs channel" or do you bear your own burden of responsibility. The Nuremberg trials tell us that just following orders is not a good enough excuse.

Even if the GB WERE jehovahs channel, it still would not be scriptural to blindly obey them without question. The example of Aaron and the golden calf, and apostate Judah prove this. Like Blondie brought out, they were still Jehovahs "channel" yet they were not to be obeyed.

• suavojr
    suavojr

Bu2b

you and nlondie are right on the money! But that is when they kick you out. Hopefully that will be my fate and escape

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit