"Watchtowers growth strains budgets"

by zebulon 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• zebulon
    zebulon

I live in Orange County New York

I posted once before a few weeks ago. I am losing my family because of this org.

On Sunday March 8, 2015 in the Times Herald-Record, on pages 4, 5 and 6 was an indepth article on the burden the towns and surounding Counties are facing losing property taxes. "Towns question religious exemptions from property taxes."

I dont know how to link the article. If someone here knows how it is a eyeopener to the amount of property the org has aquired in a short time."

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

If they keep getting into the wallets of Joe Public, finally the politicians might do something about it.

Doc

• Pete Zahut
  • zebulon
  • zebulon
    zebulon

Unbelievable timing!

Thank u Pete. I hope that took u more than an hour to do. It would make me feel much better if it did, lol.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Sorry to read your troubles, Zebulon.

It appears that, any short-term advantage to selling to Watchtower, winds up costing much more money for the local government. Granted, some of this property sat vacant, but once they gobble up hotels and apartment complexes and properties that were vacant, but would have eventually been filled with something, towns lose a tremendous tax base.

It's sad that a tax-exempt organization like Watchtower is not actually a non-profit religion that contributes to the local community in any measurable way except for selling the land then a slight boost in the local economy for tourists and traveling JW's.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Nope...less than a minute but then again, you had supplied all the necessary information.

(Good find by the way) If they ever do start taxing them, they'll say that taxation is the beginning of the fulfillment of Bible prophesy when governments will turn on religion.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

So sorry for you Zebulon - our families aren't aware of our fade yet, so I can only imagine what you are facing.

You know you can talk to anyone here without being vilified for what you say or believe - either openly or in PM's. Converse with us ALL or INDIVIDUALLY - we are here to help each other.

• Zoos
    Zoos
    Watchtower couldn't care less. In fact they're probably snickering, "You think it hurts now? Wait til the sulfur starts falling."
  • WingCommander
    WingCommander

So much for paying to Caesar what is owed to Caesar? In WT-Land, it's "Give us all your money, and expect nothing in return!!!!"

JW ORG is a filthy money-making fraud who have obtained charitable religious tax-exempt status just like the Scientologist CULT. Disgusting!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit