Elderettes?

by mellojello 35 Replies latest jw experiences

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

Welcome.xxx

What's the difference between a Rottweiler and an Elderette??

Lipstick.

• Londo111
    Londo111

Even unofficial status, being looked up to, being the relative of someone with status, that’s its own reward. “Look at me! I’m the wife of an elder!”

Not every elder's wife is like that, but it is an understandable temptation.

• mellojello
    mellojello

Hello everyone :) You're right wasstupid, they know.

@prologos LOL. You hit those comment outlines right on the head. I know one elder wife who is FAMOUS for those exact lines.

• wasblind
    wasblind

It's wasblind, if I wasstupid I would have stayed in much longer

• mellojello
    mellojello

I like being able to see how it works in JW world here cause even though I went to KH, I never involved myself so I never "progressed" and I didn't know how it was socially. I didn't have any friends.

• mellojello
    mellojello

OMGOSH I'm sorry, I was talking to someone and I typed what I said, it was an honest mistake.

wasblind :)

• bigmac
    bigmac

most elders are simply puppets. the elderette wife has her arm up his arse moving his head and mouth

• John_Mann
    John_Mann

An elderette can rule through her husband.

It happens all the time.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Welcome mellojello, Have you heard of the saying, "A happy wife. A happy life."? I sometimes think that if more elders' wives started to critically think for themselves, there would be a very few elders.

Why have you been studying for 4-5 years without getting dunked? If you want to achieve your full potential, please watch the following video by Steve Hassan to learn more about BITE control techniques that the WTBTS uses to victimize JWs: Strategic Interactive Approach explained 2003 (1:23:23). If you want to learn more about the WTBTS and its history, please visit reputable websites like www.jwfacts.com, www.watchtowerdocuments.com, www.jwsurvey.org, and www.freeminds2.org.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• tornapart
    tornapart

Hmmmm... well, I suppose you could call me an 'elderette' because hubby is an elder. Guess I'm not typical though and if I could get hubby to step down I would.

I think the 'elderette' bashing is a bit unfortuante. I didn't ask for it and I don't want it. My eyes are fully opened. I've always hated the 'position' I've been put in but had to make the most of it. I'm an introvert and like being left alone. The only reason why I like it is because, with my hubby being an elder, I'm left alone, despite missing loads of meetings/assemblies and doing no FS.

Please don't lump us altogether... I'm no rottweiler!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit