What's your response to Matthew 10:37 (greater love for mom and dad then Jesus)???

by jam 19 Replies latest jw experiences

• Legacy
    Legacy

Hi,

Didn't Jesus said he came to divide ? The message here is Faith vs Non-faith. If the family is that hard core that if you are a christian & all they do is badger you about being a christian & in your heart & mind that's what you believe. You can do one of 2 things, stay & show by your conduct & then you may win them over. Most families don't care what you believe, just don't force feed them. How many women are Christians & their hubby's aren't ? The wives go to a place of worship & their hubby stays home for some peace & quiet, or he'll go if that's his mind-set. If you love God/Jesus/Jehovah more than your family that's ok, as long as you don't neglect your family. It's a heart condition. If your hubby or wife says that there is no God, all you can do is try to convince them. The other choice is to leave them, but that's a bit drastic. I think this scripture just makes one think, that's all. Mom & Dad are great, but to believe in something other than man, isn't such a bad thing. I actually think it's humbling. Some ways of worship are more fanatical than others.

To me it's a personal choice. It shouldn't be religion that breaks up a families. Only fanatical religions do that...I had a friend who was in a large family. Some of them were witnesses. So the witnesses where watching their association with others of the same family. Well don't you know, some others became Muslin/Islamic, not sure, but anyway...The witnesses would call on the Muslims & they would say, we can't associate with you, we were told to watch who we get this...ASSOCIATE WITH...so the witnesses came running to my friend & said, so & so won't talk or associate with us...my friend turned to them & said....WELL YOU DID THE SAME THING...do I wish I was a fly on the wall when she said that...what I find out about witnesses is when they say certain things, it makes them feel religious, but when you say it back to them when someone else does what they do...it doesn't sound so nice.

I am a witness. I'm an opened mind witness...I know, those words don't match. I drink the kool-aide I like & lines up with the bible, the rest I spit out...at home...I keep my mouth shut, if I disagree, it's none of their business...The relationship is between me & God. It's like dating, sometimes you get introduced to someone & it works...being a witness works for me. But I come on this site to vent & to make sure that I hear one thing then read the bible & it doesn't line up. But as far as I'm concerned....No man has God right....he wants us to love one another & take care of one another...no more no less

Legacy

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Paul said at 1corth 13:13 that theres love faith and hope but above all is love. Is this another contradiction in the bible?

• jam
    jam

Most Bible translation render, "you must HATE your mother, father, brother

and sister if you want to be my disciples. There's a big difference between

greater love for me(Jesus) and hate...

• designs
    designs

Religion splits thousands of families apart. We just had a post on this between and Evangelical and JW.

• looter
    looter

Sorry but jesus sounds like an egotistical maniac here. Never noticed how that verse actually sounds.

• opusdei1972
    opusdei1972

If Jesus were the anointed Son of God, I would die for him. However, he did not fulfill his prophecy of the second coming during his generation. He permitted forgeries in the New Testament, such as the Gospel of Matthew, whose author misquoted the Old Testament. Jesus permitted false teachings and false prophecies in his name, and did nothing to get the unity of the christian churches. Jesus permitted contradictory accounts written in the four Gospels. So, Jesus caused many division and wars between different christians. Thus, Jesus can't be the head of the congregation, because he does not say which is currently his Church. There are many churches claiming to be the true church, and all of them propagate contradictory statements.

Many people destroyed their lives waiting for a person who is totaly absent and never fulfilled what he promised.

Accordingly, why should I love a person more than my family, if he is always absent ????

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Legacy,

Didn't Jesus said he came to divide ?

It was not the Christians ( it was not Jesus) doing the dividing. The Jewish people, the Pharacees etc, they did the shunning of those who converted to follow Christ. The cause for the division was from those who shunned those that followed Christ.

• jam
    jam

Would you have the nerve to ask someone to die for you???

Why is it neccesary to take your life if God can read hearts.

• jam
    jam

nonjwspouse:Matt 10;34,35 is pretty clear.

"I did not come to bring pace but a sword. (35) For I have come to

set a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, and a

daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law."

Luke12:51 "I came to brings division".

It sound like Jesus came for one purpose, start division and leave....

• opusdei1972
    opusdei1972

Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me".(Matt 28:18)

If this is true, Jesus is responsible for doing nothing against the injustice of this world. If he has authority on earth, why he could not stop many crimes in his name???....On the other hand, if he has no authority, he was also a liar, because he said that it was given to him.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit