Congregation Contributions

by nolongerconfused 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yes there has been a reversal

• A.proclaimer
    A.proclaimer

They still read it at my congregation, sometimes I hear them say there's a deficit and they need funds for maintenance.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Interesting, I was the account servant that read the report every month for more than 10 years. I cannot imagine that it is not read. As an accountant I can attest to the fact that this is the most interesting part in the meetings.

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

When they stopped reading the accounts report my first thought was that most JWs who contribute never look at the information board, and before long the contributions would go ddown without reminders to donate...so I'm not surprised that they reverted to reading the report again.

• James Jackson
    James Jackson

I am currently the Account Servant for our Hall. As mentioned earlier, the Accounts Report is to be read the 2nd Service Meeting each month. A copy stays in the file and another copy is given to the COBE for him to give it out to the Brother with the 1st part to read it outloud, then post it on the info board.

Someone is not doing their job, ask the COBE.

• blondie
    blondie

The last mention in the KM of having the accounts report read is in 2008. In our last congregation they never posted it on the information board, but would show it to people if they asked. I wonder what those elders did with this info below.

*** km 10/08 p. 1 par. 4 New Congregation Meeting Schedule ***

The Service Meeting will remain the same but with shorter parts. Announcements will usually take five minutes. This should be sufficient time for essential announcements and certain letters from the branch. Such announcements as field service arrangements, cleaning schedules, accounts reports, and routine letters from the branch office do not need to be read from the platform but will be posted on the information board for the brothers to read. Those with assigned program parts should prepare well and adhere closely to the time allotted and to the instructions provided.

Just in case the forgot:

*** km 8/12 p. 3 Adjustments to Midweek Meeting *** Beginning the week of September 3, the Congregation Bible Study will be lengthened from 25 to 30 minutes. In his introductory comments, the conductor should take one minute to review the previous lesson. The timing of the Service Meeting will also be adjusted from 35 to 30 minutes. There will no longer be a separate part for announcements. Instead, any announcements should be given at the beginning of the first scheduled part. In most instances, few, if any, announcements will be necessary, and there is no need to outline what will be presented on the meeting. Announcements regarding field service and cleaning schedules, as well as greetings, should not be made. (km 10/08 p. 1, par. 4) If a lengthy announcement will be presented, it will be helpful if those participating in the meeting know in advance so that they can shorten their part.

• piztjw
    piztjw

If they're not doing it in your KH then the accountant is not doing his job but neither is the PO.

And that is the SOP (standard operatiing procedure) for nearly every congregations "appointed" men. Window washers and busboys are for the most part incompetents who cannot perform any task properly without another person telling them what to do, how to do it, and when to do it at every step of the way. They cannot form a complete thought, much less carry ot out on their own initiative.

• sir82
    sir82

They are back to reading it now, but it is a simplified report - less detail. Basically "This much flowed in, that much flowed out, we have so much in the checking account, the end".

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I hope for negative balances. Foreclosures, getting their lights cut, and not being able to get shipments of damnation books and littera-trash would help us all avoid the curse attached to that damnation book and ultimately communism.

• DuvanMuvan
    DuvanMuvan

WTWizard at the assemblies in my circuit there was always a deficit but that was probably rectified after the announcement as all the people who now felt guilty for not donating went and chucked a fiver or two into the contribution box after it ended

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit