Meetup.com

by ILoveTTATT 10 Replies latest jw friends

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

I have used meetup.com and it seems like a really cool site!! I am liking that I can meet people who have the same interests as me... It can be lonely in the cities and specially after becoming an exJW.

I already signed up for Spanish, French, Salsa dancing, bachata dancing, and photography!! Should be fun!!

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I did not find so many selections for Meet.up in New York City.

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

Whaat??!?!NYC?? Get outta here!!

• snakeface
    snakeface

Yeah meetup is cool. Lots of groups in the Tampa Bay FL area. I guess the concept of connecting with strangers may not appeal to those in very large cities as it does in other areas.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

The NYC group was quite active for a while. I met some great people. I now see some current activity, but I have not been able to attend.

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

Yeah... I am gonna give it a try in my neck of the woods... I will let you know if something comes out of it!!

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Good for you for checking out meet.com, ILoveTTATT! Are there any adult education classes near where you live that are sponsored by the local city?

The city where I live has very good adult education classes and recreation opportunities.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• blondie
    blondie

We go to separate meetups. One is for ex-jws and has a nice steady core group and new ones each time.

The other is for our personal interest in gardens.

Try one out for a topic you want to learn more about.

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

Hi ABibleStudent!! OMG I had sooooo much fun today!!

I went to a Spanish learning group... just people who want to learn Spanish... sooo much fun, met some people... and now I can start growing my network!!

I hope that the other meetups go as well!! I have one for French, and another for Salsa dancing, and another for Rocky Mountain Hiking Photography...

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

On Thursday, I went salsa dancing, and one of the persons that I saw/met at the Spanish learning group came and said hi, gave me his card, and it was so nice to meet/see him!

Like Paul noted in his article,

http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/wrong-with-being-jehovahs-witness.php,

"If he were allowed contact with foreigners he would discover that they are creatures similar to himself and that most of what he has been told about them is lies. The sealed world in which he lives would be broken and the fear, hatred and self righteousness on which his morale depends might evaporate."
    (1984 George Orwell p.204)

I am meeting lots of lovely people with this site!!

I recommend all lurkers/faders to find friends this way... BEFORE you come out!! That way coming out won't be so scary!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit