The Real Deal - The Best life Ever

by emeth 23 Replies latest jw friends

• emeth
    emeth

Meet Benny

He had all the opportunities and talent to persue a 'higher' education and have a great career. However he did meet someone and started a bible study... he changed his future... he changed his life and now, in his opinion, he has the best life ever

This video is not made by the WTBTS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TbBRuDL2a0

• Laika
    Laika

I sort of skipped through parts because I am impatient but it's a well made video.

Stunning country, I now want to visit. Thanks for posting emeth!

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

Good for him.

Not everyone has choices like Benny, however.

You are the master of your own destiny. No one else.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

.......................What a Boring Video..

...............Hi! My name is Blah-Blah-Blah!..

I `ve been Wasting my Life for X Amount of Years..

..........The Information in WBT$ Magazines..

..........................Expires In 3 Weeks..

..................Image

.................................................................... photo mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

• Laika
    Laika

Although I cannot speak for Benny and Cameron, when I was a JW I did have some really good times, and a lot of people in my life I loved and enjoyed spending time with. The problem is that internally I also felt a lot of pressure and guilt (the pressure to meet Jehovah's standards, and the guilt when I often didn't). The Watchtower promise is that doing more will eradicate those feelings, I think that's in part why these videos are so appealing to JWs, they not only look like they're having fun, but they're also convinced it will bring them that elusive sense of peace.

Do you hear what I'm saying emeth? Do you ever feel that weight? I don't mean to be patronising, I would like to know your objective thoughts here.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Helping other people is great. Jws do help people sometimes. They help them get off drugs, help them be more honest, ect. The thing is, that's not unique to JWism, and it doesn't change the fact that JWism is not "THE TRUTH." Lot's of people besides JWs go to other countries. They do much more than JWs for the most part. This advertisement doesn't make JWs the one true religion.

No matter what Emeth or any other apologist say, or whatever videos the WT makes, it does not change the fact that JWs cannot defend their beliefs according to the criteria for truth. Emeth knows it, that's why he never even attempted to defend the GBs "ideas."

You can be a JW, and be a good person. That is not an identifying mark of a true religion. Neither is disobeying your masters, like Emeth.

DD

• metatron
    metatron

Keep in mind that the attrition rate on Gilead types was pretty awful, together with plenty of chronic illness afterward gained from 3rd world exposure. Might be part of why they got rid of Gilead.

metatron

• emeth
    emeth

@Laika i did lead a very worldy (lots of sex, drugs and rock & roll) life for 65% of my past life. So to be honest ,.. no i dont feel any guilt or pressure anymore. I made a choice and changed my whole life, changed my complete circle of friends and acquaintances, broke with all addictions and bad influences. Now i feel free, happy and satisfied. I have less stress and great things to look forward. I enjoy teaching people biblical knowledge. I became part of a big 'family' of brothers and sisters with whom i spend a lot of time in private. We do a lot of in- and outdoor activities with our congregation and have a lot of fun.

Although i have a great job i do like my 'volunteer work' in the Kingdom Hall and outside in field service better. I am not yet in the position to do this volunteer work fulltime but my goal is to do just that in the near future.

Laika, during my past life i had about everything a man could have, loads of money, a beautiful wife, children a great house, cars , vacations to everywhere on this planet etc etc but i was never as happy as i am today.

With the same wife and kids but with less money, a smaller house, fewer cars and only one vacation to another country a year. Just like Benny i made a choice and changed my life... and although there are no parrots, volcanoes and pretty jungles and waterfalls overhere i am as happy as he is and feel the same.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

You can be a JW, and be a good person. That is not an identifying mark of a true religion.

Neither is disobeying your masters, like Emeth.....Data Dog

.....I`m a JW..But..I don`t Have To .....................When We Catch Up With emeth..

.............Be Loyal To The WBT$ ..........................We`ll DisFellowship His Ass..LOL!!..

........................................................................................................................................  photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• snowbird
    snowbird

For real, Outlaw

Just let them catch him!

Sylvia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit