Told my JW friend it's a cult

by Xanthippe 17 Replies latest jw experiences

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Thanks for all your thoughts everyone, I appreciate it.

Maeve well done to Goldie and you have two cockerels! Er I mean roosters.You say potato, I say ... potarto, well you know what I mean.

Yes spring is coming along nicely here thanks.The daffodils have been out for a few weeks and the cherry trees are covered in blossom. The birds are nesting ang singing their little hearts out. I mowed the lawn last weekend and potted up some pelargonium plug plants from the garden centre. I'm going to put them out in containers at the end of May. Usually that's the end of the frost but we've hardly had any this winter and no snow at all, just rain rain rain.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Grrrr. It's snowing here!

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

Xan, so well done! I'm saving this in hopes I'll be able to use it in the future. Thank you.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Quick update. My friend replied to my letter. She made no mention of the convention talk. Did say she was still happy to be friends even though we had different beliefs and she respected my feelings.

Which I thought was nice until she seemed to reference the shunning and said she was sorry for what had happened to me which shouldn't have and that we will have to leave those individuals in God's hands. Those individuals, my family, are doing what the cult tells them to do. Seems to be saying they are doing it from choice! Nothing to do with their religion, and hers. Frustrated and as always when we come up against cult reasoning, it's depressing.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

That is a great letter, to the point, and using their own words.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Thanks, Pistoff, at least she agrees with me that the shunners are doing something wrong even if I did get the old wait on Jehovah reply.

Interesting because I've not had any kind of conversation with an active JW for decades but it really does seem that many stay in for social reasons, she talks endlessly about all her friends.

Just can't get over that she doesn't think it's the GBs fault that people are shunning me in the first place! It's just those imperfect people misinterpreting the Watchtower again! Unbelievable!

Also I would be interested in what people who attended the convention made of that symposium on Friday, What Must be Kept in Second Place. How did they explain keeping eating, family relationships, health concerns and so on in second place? Was there a discussion on shunning in that talk?

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

Well at least you know she read your information and it sounds as if she has a kindly heart. Perhaps you planted a seed that will grow with some careful nurturing. Well done!

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Thanks, cultBgone, she did read it all yes. She does have a kind heart so there is hope. At least I am here for her if she ever decides to question it. Something has changed for her to contact me. We never know what will happen in the future especially as the light gets brighter crazier.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit