The Battle of Armageddon… LOL.

by transhuman68 18 Replies latest jw friends

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

As I ponder the book of Revelation now, I think that the writer was on some halucinogenic. Maybe it's just the wild beast in me.

just saying!

eyeuse2badub

• designs
    designs

Wormwood was very popular.

• bigmac
    bigmac

i'm still waiting for gods enemies to be gathered together in that valley of megiddo.

or--is that figurative too ?

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

Heaven- Thanks for that. I guess all JW children believed in Armageddon etc. until their late teens or 20's back in the Dark Ages (pre-internet); and believe it's coming for them!

designs- Yes it was a different time, and the tone of the WTS pulications reflects that- there was a real urgency back in the 50's & 60's that seems lacking now in the 21st century. ( plus the 'generation' has changed its meaning too, heh heh!)

TTATT elder- I remember 1986 too, and it seemed to be important; but the WTS had made so many predictions of what was to come that it was difficult to know what would come first! I think some of us expected the persecution first... lol its funny thinking back to how it was.

• umbertoecho
    umbertoecho

I prefere Absynth absinthe, absinth, the green fairy drink....cant't spell at the moment "wormwood" made green and sugary and 75% proof

• kaik
    kaik

I remember as a kindergarden child being told by my JW aunt (who is dead for 13 years) that I will never need to go to school in this system as Armageddon was about to happen in the 70's. Almost 40 years later...I am in mid life

I remember one retarded JW brother who year after year used to say Armageddon will happen next year or even sooner. He is now about 85-90 years old, and only end he going to see will be his. As a child I felt it was unjust for Jehova to kill all these children who were not part of JW family. I had as a child debate with elder about it and I tried to reason that many children do not have parents and are orphaned, but my elder insisted that from these children will grow wicked adult so it did not matter if they perish in Armageddon.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

.................................................The BABBLE Of ARMAGEDDON..

..................................Mother WatchTower`s Endless Armageddon Rants..

http://faithrunsdeep.files.wordpress.com/2013/07/tumblr_m0c5cjcqqf1rqmxn7o1_500.gif

.....................................................................................................................................................  photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

Thanks for all your comments. Maybe there have been too many threads about Armageddon; but I was just facinated to look through an old WTS book and see the pattern- that the End of The World has always been predicted to be 'soon' or at most, 5-10 years ahead- regardless of when the book was written!! Its a way to emotionally link up with all the generations of Witnesses who came before- to know that their experience was the same as ours.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

transhuman68 - "...the Cold War days were different though, and anything seemed possible back then."

I think a lot of us seriously underestimate the impact the Cold War had on apocalyptic millennialism, and just how much cross-pollinization of ideas actually occurred between the various End-Times groups of the time.

Fred Franz didn't craft WT cosmology in a vacuum, after all; he did quite a creative job marrying Millerite Adventism with post-WWII right-wing conspiracy theory and giving it a WT-centric spin.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit