2 J dubs at my door this morning .

by smiddy 18 Replies latest jw friends

• smiddy
    smiddy

My wife and I are presently interstate house sitting for a freind , and this morning 2 jw`s called unexpectedly of course . After their introducing themselves. they offered the invitation to the memmorial which I rejected , then let him present his spiel , nothing has changed by the way .

I had them their for about an hour , I`m on holidays nothing better to do this morning except keep them away from other doors .And of course they were prepared to stay. I/We covered a few subjects some he conceded on , others revealed his brainwashed loyalty to the GB .

He was about 50 years old doing all the talking and his offsider was a young married man with a young kid in a pusher .Who didnt say much.

Subjects I covered was the UN involvement he`d never heard of that and didnt beleive it , pedophiles , citing one of americas most wanted:" McClean" an elder who moved from cong. to cong. because of the two witness rule .I covered Beth Sarim the place where Rutherford was going to house the resurrected faithfull men of old , he`d never heard of that , he couldnt see the inconsistincies of rejecting a blood transfusion but accepting blood fractions .

He didnt beleive the witnesses used deceit in attemting to gain recognition as a religion in bulgaria saying in effect they will not DF anyone who has a blood transfusion . And what they didnt say was such ones DA themselves which means they are treated the same as a DF person. thats deceitful.

The name jehovah , the accepted books of the bible , witnessing to apostates ( christendom ) and not their own . And a few other subjects .

I`m on holidays I was just happy to keep them from other peoples doors .

He couldnt have been too bright really,with the questions I posed he said a couple of times , you seem to know more about my religion than I do . with a laugh . But not once did he ask if I was ever a witness , I used a few phrases that suggested I was not familiar with their terminology ( that would have been my first question ) however I did say I have freinds who are witnesses , and the quite one said what is his name ? I am not prepared to give you that information.

At the end of it all I told him to google the UN scandal and the pedophile problem

And he asked me to look up JW.ORG.

Probably neither of us will do either. LOL

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

i bet it felt good though & that matters xxxx

enjoy your holiday

• KateWild
    KateWild

Sounds like a pleasant conversation. I am surprised they engaged, many publishers are told to keep it brief from the KM as they need to get round the whole territory with the invites. He was a little rebellious he may google some of what you suggested you never know. Kate xx

• Da.Furious
    Da.Furious

Since I live outside of my congregation territory, I always try to open deep discussions with the JWs that knock on my door on Saturdays, then after 30 minutes and when I see they are struggling I tell them I am a fellow JW from another congregation that was testing them!

You should see their faces! Some smile and some get really upset that I wasted their time. The interesting thing, none has any deep understanding of the beliefs and most cannot defend using the bible only, they have to go and do some research!

Remember old times when I was a teenager and was supposed to memorise all conversation stoppers and use the bible to defend our beliefs - good old times!

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

Smiddy, that was great!

My boss at a previous job used to do that whenever the jws came to his door...he loved to keep them at his house as long as possible so they would leave the neighbors alone. It was like sport to him! Then he would come to work and tell me, "I talked to some of your people..." lol

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

I think this is a fine example of the type of Witnesses that are left in this psuedo-religious CULT.

BRAIN DEAD.

Don't know about UN or pedophile scandals, and don't care. Loyalty to the Org at all cost. Don't know their own history (Beth Sarim, etc). Don't care. Loyalty to the Org at all cost. Internet? Oh, they only read JW.ORG. Loyalty to the Almighty Org at all cost.

Mindless, brain dead, drones.

The ignorant shall inherit a wasted, meaningless life.

- Wing Commander

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Heya smiddy.

interstate hey?

Where you visiting?

SIAR2

• cha ching
    cha ching

Good job Smiddy!

Yep, most JW's nowadays are not aware of much, but fortunately for them, they can still say "JW.ORG"

:-)

• Make Lemonade
    Make Lemonade

Smiddy: enjoyed your enthusiasm and wished I was there. You might enjoy going with me to the "stands" or "tables" that are easy to find in my area. I was inspired to ask two question of the witnesses as a matter of personal education.

1) Who are the two witnesses of Rev. 11:3?

2) Have you ever heard of the creative days being 7,000 years long?

So far 9 witnesses have no knowledge of who the two witnesses are and 8 never heard of the creative days being 7,000 years long.

One witness man in his 40s said: "some speculated that the creative days were 7,000 years long" So I asked him, who? He answered, "I do not know"

Mind you I gave him an hour to research my questions before I returned for his answer. This confirms what "some" were telling me about the current beliefs of Jehovah's Witnesses. Things are changing as fast as the G.B. can pull it off.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Great job keeping JWs from non-JWs' doors, smiddy!! You may not be able to help a JW awaken, but you may be able to help non-JWs from getting sucked into the WTBTS.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit