Pre-Memorial territory coverage

by Blackbird Fly 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Blackbird Fly
    Blackbird Fly

Has anyone else seen the local congregation doing the usual field service push before the Memorial? I think its strange that we (nor our neighbors) havent seen them in the neighborhood yet. Only 2 weeks away and no territory blast? Are they not doing it this year? I was so looking forward to telling them we have plans...

• sir82
    sir82

All congregations are doing it.

There's still 2 weeks until the Memorial - be patient, they'll find you eventually.

• Blackbird Fly
    Blackbird Fly

goody!

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Does anybody know how many "Invites" they are supposed to get out per Publisher? Or is it just, do the best you can ?

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

No, we haven't seen them either. Last year they left an invite stuffed in our door with a note on it saying "We miss seeing you at the Hall".

This year, I'm going to tack up on the front door, a copy of the cover from the 1983 that shows all the old Bethelites looking heavanward and says "1914...The Generation That Won't Pass Away". I have a copy of it that shows the names and dates of the deaths or the elderly Bethelites on the cover. (I got it on this site)

• pixel
    pixel

Phizzy,

The latest campaings had been Place-whatever-you-can. You are suppose to pick the amount you think you gonna use for one week.

• punkofnice
  • KateWild
    KateWild

No one has come knocking on my door or posted anything through. My house is in new territory of a newly formed cong, so I am surprised our street has not been done. You would have thoguht they would be very zealous in their new cong.

My daughter got a personalised card with an invite for the memorial, I think he was doing the contacting inactive ones job, he can tick off his box now.

Kate xx

• Syme
    Syme

In my congregation, various below-average-IQ zealots and pioneers steam of enthusiasm about the amount of territories they've covered so far.

"3 territories!" says one. "Gonna take a fourth one!" says another.

Thing is, how many people will they actually manage to bring to the memorial? Close to zero. The local memorial is typically attended by only the local witnesses plus their ''chronic interested'' acquaitances, and *some* of their Bible studies.

So, what's all the territory fuss about? A rhetorical question. (we know the answer too well: Keep them busy, keep them on-plug, keep them in a vegetable state)

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

Has anyone else seen the local congregation doing the usual field service push before the Memorial?

Not yet, but I warned my friend and neighbor what they were doing so he could give them a hard time when they do stop by. I told him that he could tell them my neighbor who was a JW warned me about your cult. I hope he uses the word cult if the opportunity presents itself. He can be very loud and intimidating.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit