My Mother-in-law's half JW and Half Apostate funeral

by Roberta804 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• kaik
    kaik

When my biological father passed away my JW relatives attempted to disrupt funeral for some personal reason. They attempted to proselyte others, but it did not work. My father studied around 1975, but never got baptised and returned back to Catholic faith. He eventually moved with his mother without ever divorcing. My JW relatives went into argument with the rest of the family and continued disrupting the ceremony. During that event, someone stole my father wedding ring, but only my JW family went to morgue. I still think it was them, but they always denied it. My JW aunt asked me what was my father's life policy worth at the burial site. Several years later my grandmother died and again my JW family made scene there. For some reason they occupied the first front half of the church and did everything possible to show that they do not share a faith of my granny (she was catholic). When my grandmother was carried in her coffin from the church toward the cemetery, my JW relatives just sit, while everyone stood up to show a respect. Again, my scheming, evil JW aunt said that doing that was unaccebtable to JW faith. I told them to move to the back of the church or to go outside, but it was followed by argument when my JW cousins refused to carry grandmother coffin.

When she and her husband died, I did not bother to go their funeral nor I have ever visited their gravesite.

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

Thanks for sharing a fond memory.

• Bella15
    Bella15

@ KAIK ...omg! So much for Rest in Peace to your relative!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit