End Times or End of Age Predicted in the Bible?

by Maat13 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Maat13
    Maat13

Starting April 15th, 2014 on four successive Jewish holidays there will be a blood moon. Significant events have occurred on each occasion? Anyone else following these events?

http://youtu.be/bgWuawZicuQ

Maat

• DuvanMuvan
    DuvanMuvan

I'm reminded of a certain Simpsons episode

• blondie
    blondie

So how often do blood moons occur and with other events?

• a watcher
    a watcher

I'm hoping Jesus will return within the next year and a half. I'm tired of being ruled by corrupt governments.

I want a perfect King.

• BluePill2
    BluePill2

I'm tired of being ruled by corrupt governments.

I want a perfect King.

Not here to pop your bubble watcher, but how do you know that he would be "a perfect King"? For all we know Jesus was a person from Galilee...and well not much more...ok, presumabably was executed by Romans/Jews. We don't know how the ancient Jesus would deal with modern time problems. Overpopulation, people that live longer (not even talking about eternal Life) create problems, social and real biological problems.

Just wondering.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

1corinthians 7:29 even Paul said the time is very short. So Paul, Jesus, John all said the time is very near. So 2000 years later why should we believe them now?

• a watcher
    a watcher

BluePill, it was prophesied in Isaiah 9:6,7.

"For there has been a child born to us, there has been a son given to us; and the princely rule will come to be upon his shoulder. And his name will be called

Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace. To the abundance of the princely rule and to peace there will be no end, upon the throne of

David and upon his kingdom in order to establish it firmly and to sustain it by means of justice and by means of righteousness, from now on and to time

indefinite. The very zeal of Jehovah of armies will do this."

• cofty
    cofty

The Jewish calendar is a lunar one. Of course their major religious holidays land on full moons.

Here are some facts that expose how facile this nonsense is...

• Maat13
    Maat13

Good to see some feedback on this.

I've come to a partial conclusion which for the moment presupposes that many of the prophesies in the bible, primarily that of the end times and the "return" of the messiah is purely astrological...

we already know the birth sequence of Christ can be easily explained with astrological events. There is nothing substantial that could discount or refute that this "age" will be ending soon. Given the "signs" of the four blood moons mentioned in the bible. I think these upcoming blood moons are indicators, provided by ancient astrologers, that the end of the age is upon us. No more fish...time for the water bearer.

Maat

• Tiktaalik
    Tiktaalik

Maat: I see. You are gifted with special insight. You are able to read the signs with greater perspicacity than the rest of us. And you are completely wrong.

Let me posit something. You are nothing more than the latest loser to predict the end of the world. There have been countless such predictions in the past and every single one of them was totally bogus. Every one of them! And yours will end the same way. That is nothing will happen.

And when your four blood moons come and go, as they without doubt will, will you then come back on this site and publicly admit that you were wrong? Of course you won't. I bet you we will never hear you mention a thing about it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit