I think the "Mediator" is changing....

by cha ching 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

They always do this play on words, make it sound as though all are gods children and all recieve the benifits of worshipping Jah but then they'll turn it around in another article to make sure everyone knows that only the anointed sons of god are really special. I think they do this to muddy the waters so people dont really wake up. I spoke with and elder at lunch one time and told his Jesus was not his mediator and he got upset and said no he is too and your wrong. I think if more people new the obvious then a lot more would leave.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I noticed this phrase and wondered if it was a new way of putting it? This also has been written

Worldwide Security p114 (1986)

Being inscribed upon the heart, those laws would be less likely to cease being loved by those who obeyed them. If those laws were put “in their mind,” they would be less likely to forget them. Hence, the keepers of those laws say, in the words of Psalm 119:97: “How I do love your law! All day long it is my concern.” From their most inward being, they set their affections upon Jehovah’s laws as given through his Mediator, Jesus Christ. Thus, with the right motivation, they determine to keep those precious laws. This applies both to the “little flock” in the new covenant and to the “great crowd” of “other sheep” who are, not in the new covenant, but under it.—Compare 1 John 5:3; John 14:15.

And also WT 2008 12/15 pp 13.14

“The Mediator of a New Covenant”
    11 Read 1 Timothy 2:5, 6. Jesus is the “one mediator between God and men.” He is “the mediator of a new covenant.” (Heb. 9:15; 12:24) However, Moses is also spoken of as a mediator—the mediator of the Law covenant. (Gal. 3:19) How, then, is Jesus’ role as Mediator unique?
    12 The original-language word translated “mediator” is a legal term. It refers to Jesus as a legal Mediator (or, in a sense, an attorney) of the new covenant that made possible the birth of a new nation, “the Israel of God.” (Gal. 6:16) This nation is composed of spirit-anointed Christians, who form a heavenly “royal priesthood.” (1 Pet. 2:9; Ex. 19:6) The Law covenant, with Moses as mediator, was not able to produce a nation like that.
    13 What does Jesus’ role as Mediator involve? Well, Jehovah applies the value of Jesus’ blood to those being brought into the new covenant. In this way, Jehovah legally credits them with righteousness. (Rom. 3:24; Heb. 9:15) God can then take them into the new covenant with the prospect of their becoming heavenly king-priests! As their Mediator, Jesus assists them in maintaining a clean standing before God.—Heb. 2:16.

14 What about those who are not in the new covenant, those who hope to live forever on earth, not in heaven? While not participants in the new covenant, these are beneficiaries of it. They receive forgiveness of their sins and are declared righteous as God’s friends. (Jas. 2:23; 1 John 2:1, 2) Whether we have a heavenly hope or an earthly hope, each one of us has good reason to appreciate Jesus’ role as the Mediator of the new covenant.

• cha ching
    cha ching

EX-ACT-lleeee.... Walls of Jericho, CrazyGuy& BluesBrother...

Thank you! The three of you have captured my thoughts, expressed my frustration, and explained my irritation well..

The WT is a "word-smither..." They are so good at it, that you KNOW Jesus is not your mediatior (no, he only mediates the NEW covenant, with the "Anointed" heavenly, special people) BUT you say, "Hey, how do we get to Jehovah in prayer?" (and thenyour brain goes thru the listof things that Blondie has provided... so close, yet....)

The dictionary says a mediatior is: a person who attempts to make people involved in a conflict come to an agreement; a go-between.

"the government appointed a mediator to assist in finding a resolution to the dispute" (arbitrator, negotiator, conciliator, peacemaker, go-between, middleman, intermediary, moderator, intervener, intercessor....)

1 Tim 2: 4- 6 says; Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. 5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; 6 Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

This scripture talks about ALL men, ransom for ALL..The WT likes to focus on "them, the special, the anointed, the appointed, the only ones we should be thanking God for in our prayers for the spiritual food that THEY provide us," NOT God.... NOT... Jesus...

Then, the WT focuses on “ (Hebrews 8:5-6) . . .” 6 But now [Jesus] has obtained a more excellent public service, so that he is also the mediator of a correspondingly better covenant, which has been legally established upon better promises.

And

(Matthew 26:27-28) 27 Also, he took a cup and, having given thanks, he gave it to them, saying: “Drink out of it, all of YOU; 28 for this means my ‘blood of the covenant,’ which is to be poured out in behalf of many for forgiveness of sins.

However, in realityif there is such a thing, it's all about saving people, taking their sins away..

(Romans 11:26-27) . . .Just as it is written: “The deliverer will come out of Zion and turn away ungodly practices from Jacob. 27 And this is the covenant on my part with them, when I take their sins away. . .

I spent so many hours researching, arguing, presenting reasons WHY it was “OK” for me to say Jesus is my mediator, and what a waste of time….

You see, when you are a part of “Jehovah’s Witnesses,” you cannot have your “own” opinion, you can’t just state your “belief,” and be happy… There is constant turmoil, debate.

The reason that I did post this tidbit was to catalogue the way the Watchtower does things. It is:

*Not clear, it is actually sly.. Screws with your brain, eats up your time with "empty headed reasonings"

*Ambiguous, for a reason: You never have time to be “you”

*Self centered, you are always waiting to hear an explanation, “waiting

on Jehovah,” I mean the “Governing Body”

Can we say “Always limping on two different opinions?”

• steve2
    steve2

The Watchtower loves playing with words and meanings the way children love playing with leggo and dolls. Such jolly good fun to see the joyous looks on the faces of the brothers and sisters as they lap up the latest words and meanings...just don't hang much stock on 'em cause leggo and dolls ain't real.

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

Just wondering if anyone recognized the appearance of the arrival of the three horsemen? The answer to the ending question 16! Errrr!

The remaining job left for Jesus as this WT claims is Jesus riding the fourth horse. Great tribulation and only the righteous ones will stand, JW.

I guess Jesus will not be resurrecting anyone,Adamic sinful ones,if his remaining job is riding his horse with his crown given in 1914.

Just another Study WT full of errors!

Even the last article, the guy given his experience to speak Cambodia. He claimed it was because Jehovah's will for him to do so! Geemaneez if we said something like that the elders would talk to us! Only will Jehovah has for for his Will be done!

Apparently Gods will was for the Cambodia children to suffer torture! How come God did not will the evil people to stop hurting the children!

Such a stupid humanitarian article!

Lets just say this is one of the worse study WT and just burn them!

Cha Ching

You did an excellant job finding that error! or slow doctrine change! One more thing,I agree with your last post! So true!

Jesus will drink from that cup again new covenant.

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

However, in reality … if there is such a thing , it's all about saving people, taking their sins away.

That is true!

According to Blondies Wt qoute that the resurrected ones are under Adamic sin! I can not get over that major error!

Apparently they are not under Jesus sacrifice! And Gods grace!

It so sad that the WT blinds so many to believe in a different Love!

A love with conditions!

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

"According to Blondies Wt qoute that the resurrected ones are under Adamic sin! I can not get over that major error! Apparently they are not under Jesus sacrifice! And Gods grace!"

They according to the WT very much ARE under Jesus' sacrifice and God's grace, and their past sins have been paid for thru the penalty of their death. But they are not yet perfect in the sence Adam and Eve originally were, and it is not until the end of the 1,000 year Kingdom that they will reach human perfection, after they have benefitted fully from Jesus' sacrifice and God's grace thruout the Kingdom and not rebelled. They are raised with penalty paid but not sin-free as to possible future sins.

• blondie
    blondie

*** w12 7/15 p. 11 par. 18 Let Jehovah Lead You to True Freedom ***

Redeemed mankind will then experience a completely new freedom—freedom from the influence of Satan and the demons. (Rev. 20:1-3) What a relief that will be! Thereafter, Christ’s 144,000 fellow kings and priests will continue to liberate mankind by progressively applying the benefits of the ransom sacrifice until Adamic sin and imperfection have been fully erased. (Rev. 5:9, 10) Having proved faithful even under test, humans will have attained the very perfection of freedom that Jehovah has purposed for them—“the glorious freedom of the children of God.” Think! No longer will you struggle to do what is right in God’s eyes, for your entire organism will have been perfected and your personality will have been fully transformed according to God’s image.

*** w98 7/1 p. 21 par. 10 “Death Is to Be Brought to Nothing” ***

“The end” is the end of the Thousand Year Reign of Christ, when Jesus humbly and loyally hands over the Kingdom to his God and Father. (Revelation 20:4) God’s purpose “to gather all things together again in the Christ” will have been fulfilled. (Ephesians 1:9, 10) First, though, Christ will have destroyed “all government and all authority and power” opposed to God’s Sovereign will. This involves more than the destruction wrought at Armageddon. (Revelation 16:16; 19:11-21) Paul says: “[Christ] must rule as king until God has put all enemies under his feet. As the last enemy, death is to be brought to nothing.” (1 Corinthians 15:25, 26) Yes, all traces of Adamic sin and death will have been removed. Of necessity, then, God will have emptied the “memorial tombs” by bringing the dead back to life.—John 5:28.

*** w98 8/15 p. 30 Do You Remember? ***

How will resurrected ones be “judged out of those things written in the scrolls according to their deeds”? (Revelation 20:12)

These scrolls are not the record of their past deeds; when they died they were acquitted of the sins they committed during their lifetime. (Romans 6:7, 23) However, resurrected humans will still be under Adamic sin. It must be, then, that these scrolls will set forth divine instructions that all must follow in order to benefit fully from the sacrifice of Jesus Christ.—7/1, page 22.

*** w89 9/15 p. 7 What We Must Do to Be Saved ***

Christians are in a saved condition. They have the prospect of everlasting life because they are in an approved position before God. As a group, their salvation from Adamic sin and all its consequences is sure. But individually they will be saved to eternal life only if they continue to adhere to all of God’s requirements. Jesus emphasized this when he likened himself to a vine and his disciples to branches in that vine. He said: “Every branch in me not bearing fruit [God] takes away . . . If anyone does not remain in union with me, he is cast out as a branch and is dried up; and men gather those branches up and pitch them into the fire and they are burned.” (John 15:2, 6; Hebrews 6:4-6) Those losing faith in Jesus also lose everlasting life.

*** w77 10/1 p. 588 par. 16 What the King Does for Us ***

The thousand-year rule of the Kingdom over all earth’s affairs will be a most happy time for the human race. Then, at the end of the thousand years, the Kingdom will come to its conclusion, having accomplished God’s will “as in heaven, also upon earth.” (Matt. 6:10) With Adamic sin and its consequent death erased, all humans will then stand in perfection, no longer needing the priestly services of the Kingdom. God then can fully accept them into his clean, perfect family as “children of God.”—Rom. 8:21.

*** w77 12/15 p. 743 How Dependent Are We on Jesus Christ? ***

Christ has the authority to judge and the power to destroy those who are disobedient to God’s laws and who refuse to respect the kingly rulership that God has given him. He even does away with death. Since sin is the cause of death, he removes all Adamic sin from those who are obedient to him. (Rom. 6:23; 1 Cor. 15:56) He brings them to perfection, and when he pronounces them perfect, they will be as perfect as was the first man Adam when created. During the thousand years, Christ does all this work. And, in fact, he is doing all judging now.—John 5:30.

*** w74 10/1 p. 607 Questions From Readers ***

● Will those who are raised to life on earth still be imperfect and afflicted with Adamic sin, since Romans 6:7 says that a person “who has died has been acquitted from his sin”?—U.S.A.

Romans 6:7 reads: “For he who has died has been acquitted from his sin.” A consideration of the context shows that the apostle Paul was discussing spirit-anointed Christians alive at that time. While still alive, they had been baptized into Christ Jesus and received the valid prospect of heavenly life. In order to be anointed with holy spirit and accepted as spiritual sons of God, they had to die to their former course in life as imperfect humans, have their sins forgiven by God and have human perfection imputed to them.

But in making this comment with regard to anointed Christians, Paul was drawing on a natural and actual illustration. In its broad application, it could correctly be said that one who has died has been acquitted from sin.

Death, not the dying process in itself, is the full payment for sin. The Bible says: “The wages sin pays is death.” (Rom. 6:23) This means that when a person has died his sinful record no longer stands against him. And were it not for the sacrifice of Jesus Christ and God’s purpose to resurrect the person, he would never live again. Still, he would remain acquitted from sin, as God would not repeatedly reexamine his case and then sentence him to other kinds of punishment for his sin.

This might be compared to the situation of a man serving a prison term for some criminal act. Once he has served his time of imprisonment, he is not repeatedly retried and punished for the same crime.

*** w67 9/15 p. 569 The Bridegroom and Bride Turn Attention to Family-rearing ***

Those living on earth, when they come to perfection, will cease to have any of the Adamic sin working in them. The death that was received as an inheritance from Adam will be completely wiped out, to be nonexistent.—Rom. 5:12, 18, 19.

*** w65 6/15 p. 383 Questions From Readers ***

The destruction of Adamic death might be said to be gradual, taking place in steps, as it were. For one thing, in the post-Armageddon new order humankind will no longer die because of Adam’s sin. Those who die then will be incorrigible sinners. And, compared to the everlasting life they could receive if faithful, they will die as mere children, though a hundred years old. (Isa. 65:20) Then, too, as the resurrection proceeds, the time will come when there will be no one in Sheol or Ha ′ des because of Adamic sin and death. But death due to Adam will not be completely destroyed until every vestige of Adamic sin has been removed from humankind and man attains perfection. As pointed out at 1 Corinthians 15:24-26, this will be after Christ “has brought to nothing all [opposing] government and all authority and power,” but it will be before the end of his millennial rule. (AT; Mo) It will be before “he hands over the kingdom to his God and Father.”

*** re chap. 40 p. 291 par. 19 Crushing the Serpent’s Head ***

By the end of the Thousand Year Reign, all earth will have come to resemble the original Eden. It will be a veritable paradise. Perfect mankind will no longer need a high priest to intercede for it before God, since all traces of Adamic sin will have been removed and the last enemy, death, brought to nothing. Christ’s Kingdom will have achieved God’s purpose to create one world with one government. At this point, Jesus “hands over the kingdom to his God and Father.”—1 Corinthians 15:22-26; Romans 15:12.

• designs
    designs

Why worry about whether you have a mediator or not.

• Ding
    Ding

No doubt there will still be assemblies to attend, though...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit