• cha ching
    cha ching

I just looked at the January 2014 WT Study Magazine, Page 16. Pgph 16

I think the WT is finally relenting...

Jeus WAS the "mediator" after all!

16 By the end of Christ’s Thousand

Year Reign, the Messianic Kingdom will

have achieved its purpose. Then Jesus

will hand the Kingdom over to his Father.

(Read 1 Corinthians 15:24-28.)

There will no longer be a need for an

intermediary between Jehovah and his

earthly children. All of God’s sons in

heaven and his children on earth will be

united with their heavenly Father as part

of his universal family.

15, 16. (a) What thrilling events will take

place during the Thousand Year Reign?

(b) What will be Jesus’ final act as Messianic

King, and what will that mean regarding Jehovah’s

purpose for all of his creation?

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Doesn't sound like a change to me.

• cha ching
    cha ching

Really?

Right now, the view is that only the 'annointed' have a "mediator" of a "new covenant.' Right?

So, I thought when they said "at the end of the thousand years" (on earth.... which is where people are now) there won't be a need for an intermediary... (That means us "earthlings" needed an intermediary before then)

Well, during the 1,000 years, the 144 have been in heaven....

Who is the "mediator" in between that time?

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Maybe. Where is Jesus supposed to go after the thousand year reign. It sounds to me as tho he might cease to exist.

they have a lot of nerve to call themselves "Christians."

• cha ching
    cha ching

I guess the whole "Only the 144,000 have a mediator" because a "covenant" was made with them for a kingdom, always irritated me...

(1 Timothy 2:4-6) . . .whose will is that all sorts of men should be saved and come to an accurate knowledge of truth. 5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, a man, Christ Jesus, 6 who gave himself a corresponding ransom for all—[this is] what is to be witnessed to at its own particular times.

I would go round and round arguing that Jesus had to be the mediator for ALL men..... hours and hours....

and now? does it really matter?

The WT doublespeak can drive you crazy...... you are not allowed to be "logical," right?

Not that I believe them / it any more...

I guess I just like hearing the WT admit it....

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

CC: Right now, the view is that only the 'annointed' have a "mediator" of a "new covenant.' Right?

Yes. That's how I understand the JW belief on this.

The "Other Sheep" always have been, and still are, bastard step-children.

You really should stop trying to make sense of JW "theology." It's all nonsense.

CC: The WT doublespeak can drive you crazy...... you are not allowed to be "logical," right?

Correct. Logic is not wanted, only obedience.

• blondie
    blondie

When humans pass the final test they will be perfect and tested not requiring the priesthood function of Jesus and the 144,000. There will no longer be a need for a mediator between humans and God.

*** w00 10/15 p. 20 par. 19 What God’s Kingdom Will Do ***

The Millennial Rule of the Kingdom will also have been fully accomplished; so there will no longer be a need for a subsidiary government to remain between Jehovah and obedient mankind. Thus, “God may be all things to everyone.”—1 Corinthians 15:28.

*** w95 11/15 p. 19 par. 16 Stay in the “City of Refuge” and Live! ***

So, then, survivors of the great tribulation will have to maintain a good conscience by staying in the antitypical refuge city until the end of Christ’s Thousand Year Reign. As perfected humans, they will have no further need for the High Priest’s atoning services and will come out from under his protection. Jesus will then die to them as High Priest, for he will no longer need to act in their behalf with the cleansing blood of his sacrifice. At that time they will leave the antitypical city of refuge.

*** w95 11/15 p. 19 par. 18 Stay in the “City of Refuge” and Live! ***

Israelite high priests eventually died. But Jesus “has become a high priest according to the manner of Melchizedek forever.” (Hebrews 6:19, 20; 7:3) So the cessation of Jesus’ office as a mediating High Priest toward mankind does not end his life. The good effects of his service as King and High Priest will remain with mankind forever, and humans will be eternally indebted to him for his having served in these capacities. Moreover, throughout eternity Jesus will take the lead in the pure worship of Jehovah.—Philippians 2:5-11.

*** w12 9/15 p. 12 pars. 16-17 Peace for a Thousand Years—And Beyond! ***

He took them, so to speak, all the way to the close of Christ’s Thousand Year Reign. Try to imagine the full significance of Paul’s words found at 1 Corinthians 15:24, 25, 28.Read.

17 There can be no better description of the grand climax than the words “that God may be all things to everyone.” What does that mean? Think back to the time in Eden when the perfect humans, Adam and Eve, were a part of Jehovah’s peaceful and harmonious universal family. Jehovah, the Universal Sovereign, ruled directly over all his creation, angelic and human. They were able to communicate with him personally, worship him, and be blessed by him. He was “all things to everyone.”

*** w98 7/1 p. 22 par. 15 “Death Is to Be Brought to Nothing” ***

However, resurrected humans will still be under Adamic sin. It must be, then, that these scrolls will set forth divine instructions that all must follow in order to benefit fully from the sacrifice of Jesus Christ. As the last trace of Adamic sin is eliminated, ‘death will be brought to nothing’ in the fullest sense. By the end of the thousand years, God will “be all things to everyone.” (1 Corinthians 15:28) No longer will man need the intervention of a High Priest or Ransomer. All mankind will be restored to the perfect state Adam originally enjoyed.

• cha ching
    cha ching

Thx for the quotes Blondie....

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

They have said intercessor before as well. If not, then need to go back and edit some comments. Intercessor/intermediary, it's all the same. According to the Bible, Jesus is your mediator, according to JWism...not so much.

Let's review: It's a [neo-zionist judeo-christian/jewish magical practicing, soul-sucking] cult!!

DD

• wallsofjericho
    wallsofjericho

lots of good research here... tx Blondie,

but to me this just shines a light on the word-smithing the WTS does when it comes to Jesus as a mediator.

Blodie makes several quotes, terms like: "susbsidiary government", "High Priest", "Ransomer", but never "mediator". yet the OP quoted the WTS:

There will no longer be a need for an

intermediary betweenJehovah and his

earthly children. All of God’s sons in

heaven and his children on earth will be

united with their heavenly Father as part

of his universal family.

They are talking about those on earth (not anointed) at the end of the 1000 years. Call me crazy but I feel like we have fallen victim to the WTS word-smithing here (as in "bullshit baffles brains") No where in the quotes Blondie made was there any discussion of Jesus as a "MEDIATOR", we have only made this connection, but this is exactly the game the WTS plays.

We all know that Jesus is NOT the mediator for the non-anointed. but lets face it, most R&F don't even realize this. So how can the WTS make the statement in the OP and not expect the average R&F to make the connection that Jesus is in fact their mediator?

I think this is a clever find, its and easter egg, one of those ambiguous statements the WTS makes that they can footnote years down the road if they change direction, or forget about and leave buried forever if they don't

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit