"Be Kind to the Fornicators in the Congregation!" -- New August Watchtower

by FusionTheism 36 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

"Be Kind, but don't get close" The Dictionary describes being kind as an adjective. It's meaning says," indulgent, considerate, or helpful: humane, ie Be kind to animals"

Maybe there will be a change in how we treat DF'd ones

• steve2
    steve2

Thanks for your thoughts, Fisherman. The GB could not have provided a more religiously compelling rationale.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

This actually REINFORCES the established practice and ramps it up even more!

I don't see any lessening or kindness in it at all. In fact, it will make the average witness EVEN more critical and negative and judgemental toward ones determined to be 'weaker' in the cong!

I see a very clear demarcation being highlighted here!

• KateWild
    KateWild

It's all utter nonesense and propaganda. Being kind is getting close.

Fisherman your idea of kindness is nonesense.

The article states that unrepentant ones get df'd. Well that depends on your dad really. It's all total rubbish and shunning policies have not changed by way of this article.

Kate xx

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Hey, does this mean that if I had fornicated, they'd have been nicer to me? :wink:
  • flipper
    flipper

My first thought on seeing the title "Be kind to fornicators" was that what they really mean is don't speak out about all the pedophiles.

Mrs. Flipper

• steve2
    steve2

Until there is 24/7 surveillance, confessions will be the main source of information about the incidence of fornication among the rank and file.

That being the case - and given the relevant parties are highly unlikely to announce their guilty status from the rooftops - on what basis do "loyal" Witnesses otherwise know who is and is not a fornicator?

Do they adopt a guilty until proven innocent approach (i.e., treat all others as fornicators until they are proven to be morally pure?).

This is nuts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit