"Be Kind to the Fornicators in the Congregation!" -- New August Watchtower

by FusionTheism 36 Replies latest watchtower bible

• John Aquila
    John Aquila

For example, if we were to have close association with sexually immoral people, we might be tempted to practice immorality

(Heaven's forbid, who in their right mind would want that)

sexy couple photo: Picture comments c964cb5986a386bf175df89.jpg

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Are they already preparing for a shift in their Disfellowshipping practices?

Answer = no

Why were you thinking of going back ?

• DJS
    DJS

"Be Kind to the Fornicators in the Congregation"

FINALLY a reason for me to return to the KH.

• steve2
    steve2

I do not think there is anything new about what is in the study article. At first glance, it seems to try to have it all ways. But upon closer inspection this is what it is saying in a nutshell:

"Be kind but don't get close".

I note that the article does not "operationalize" what actions entail being kind; it sounds like a nice buzz word. Suffice to say, it would be difficult to do much by way of positive gestures when you are told to keep your distance from others. Under those circumstacnes, being kind would most likely mean being polite.

If I want politeness, I'll go to the local information bureau; if I want warmth and kindness, I certainly won't go to the local kingdom hall.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

If folks know that one is a fornicator (in the congregation) they can be kind, if not close associates, so long as they have not been DF'd, but if DF'd, (and no one necessarily knows why another is DF'd) then JWs should shun them (NOT kind).

Alrighty then.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

One should always present kindness and smiles at the kingdom Hall, thats where the general public views how loving and concerning JWs truly are .

• FusionTheism
    FusionTheism
    But, another very interesting thing about this article is that, as far as I know, always in the past, the Watchtower commanded all Witnesses to immediately report to the Elders whenever they knew another Witness was committing fornication or adultery or smoking. But this article just says to be kind to them and don't be close associates.
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

"Be Kind to the Fornicators in the Congregation"

FINALLY a reason for me to return to the KH.

Perhaps they will prepare a list of all the fornicator for single folks who return. It could save a lot of time dating.

Doc
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette

They want to be able to rationalize to themselves that they are "kind" (nice/good/likeable) people even though they SHUN those that don't toe the JW line.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Yes JWs are so soft kinded, particularly to fornicators, adulterators and especially pedophiles.

Its a loving organization that truly represents the love of Jehovah God.

So come all you sinners and feel the grace of the true loving god before he whacks just about all

of humanity once again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit