My sister-in-law disowns my kids

by lv4fer 17 Replies latest jw friends

• rmayer32
    rmayer32

That is truly disgusting. Nobody should talk to kids like that and if anything she should mind her own damn business or if she has a question about your kids she should come to you and you alone.

Sorry to hear that.

-Rick

• lv4fer
    lv4fer

My kids are 13 and 17. I told them just to remember that she is brainwashed, just as we once were. Just be glad we're not anymore.

"The reward for conformity was that everyone liked you except yourself."

Rita Mae Brown

• LB
    LB

Sister in law is a pig and very typical of an average JW. What right does she even have to ask such questions.

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

• mrs rocky2
    mrs rocky2

This is so sad, and unfortunately so typical. My youngest went to the KH with my MOL yesterday - hasn't been to a meeting for at least a year (memorial 2000 I think). Only a few older ones spoke with her..none of the young people, but they ignored her when she was a loyal, faithful unbaptized JW. One of the older ones who is usually very friendly with her (hubby still hangs with my hubby) told her she wouldn't be coming to her graduation celebration because there are so many from the KH having their own celebrations. Didn't think she would be that cold. My girl is sooo disappointed because she thought these people were different than the rest of them. As for family, haven't heard from my brother and his wife whether or not they will attend. Oh well - learn something new every day. My heart goes out to you lv4fer. It's hard to put up with that kind of pain.
    Mrs R

• LDH
    LDH

((((((((HUGS))))))))))))

So sorry it's coming down to this for you.....

At least your kids will have some semblance of normalcy for their teen years.

Lisa

• BeautifulGarbage
    BeautifulGarbage

I tell myself "Yes, they are brainwashed". Nonetheless, I am always shocked by how easily some JW's can cut off family. Chop! And be gone!

I'm sorry lv4fer, I hope your kids don't blame themselves in anyway.
    The JW cult can be so heartlessly cruel. At least you are out.

Andee

• Flip
    Flip

lv4fer

Sorry to have heard this has happened to you and your family but think of it this way lv4fer…one less dysfunctional religious fanatic around to mess with your kids ‘heads’.

Flip

• out4good3
    out4good3
    She cornered them individually.

Sorry that I'm posting late on this th read but a t hought just occured to me that h aven't been said. Just where does this lady get off by cornering anyone else's kids individually and pronouncing them "dead" for not going to their stupid meetings.

You're a lot nicer than I would've been about it. She deserved to have her ass rudely promptly kicked to the curb.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit