MAY 10 BROOKLYN EAGLE NEWS/WATCHTOWER SEX ABUSE

by ARoarer 29 Replies latest jw friends

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

WTS pays property taxes???

Or is it some of the best real estate??

Or is it both??

Seeing you know other wise - fine - then show me. Don't beat around the bush.

hawk

• BATHORY
    BATHORY

G'Day PawPaw

You see mate, Ol' Douglass there has made a statement, NOT an observation or an opinion. He unequivocally has stated as if a fact, that WT do not pay ( zip ) property taxes on their real estate empire.

I know this to be false, they pay several 100,000's per year. If banana breath classes that as zip, well........

Because he has made this statement, and tendered it to the board as fact, like others here i would / should ask that he provide us with a bases to his claim.

Was it overheard by him as part of a conversation 2 middle management bethelite's were having over a piss whilst he was instigating a toilet cubicle @ brooklyn ??

Or did Randy or Mr Blizzard tell him, and he then assume that maybe these blokes must really know ??

He may have info from the relevant goverment department, it is public knowledge you know.

Maybe he is propagting a lie, unbeknown to himself ??

See he goes on to say ...
    " Brooklynites who are informed have little or no respect for the WTS and its multi-national printing Corporation headquarted in their City. "

Now that is a weak statement, BUT it is hearsay, he can spin that crap without proof. It does however diminish even further his perceived image as a serious and intelligent poster, certainly though only to those ones amoungst us that are " informed " by his standards.

In any event, i know he wont mind me asking, its in his nature to be detailed. Anyhum, do i not have the right to question your primadona's ??

You can see now PawPaw that the onus is not on me to tell you what i know.

Am i being unreasonable peoples ??

• Disengaged
    Disengaged

Bathory

You have to admit, it is some of the finest real estate in Brooklyn. That's for sure

• Farkel
    Farkel

Bathory,

Here are two links to show that religions are exempt from property taxes. The first example deals with New York specifically, since I was SPECIFICALLY talking about Brooklyn:

http://www.phschool.com/atschool/supreme_court_cases/walz.html

http://www.deism.com/tax_religions.htm

Farkel

• Will Power
    Will Power

Have you specified which country? Different countries have different laws.

• Will Power
    Will Power

In Mexico, for instance, during the time that the JWs classified themselves as a Cultural Group instead of a religious group over the ownership of property issue, as a Cultural Group, they could have more than likely paid taxes.

• Will Power
    Will Power

As well, there is some interesting tax news, among other items, in this very interesting thread by MacHislop. And the WT had something to contribute as well.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=27841&site=3

• one
    one

Bathory may come up naming the corporations under the wt which are nonreligion, FOR PROFIT corporations.

Religious org. usually dont pay taxes,
    whats news bathory?
    We all want to know.

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Well Bath,

I want to believe you but you are going to have to show me a tax bill or something.

I know what the religious laws state in Canada and the USA. So let me in on your knowledge.

hawk

• Had Enough
    Had Enough

Bathory:
    You said about Farkel's claim that the WTS does not pay property taxes:

I know this to be false, they pay several 100,000's per year. If banana breath classes that as zip, well........

Because he has made this statement, and tendered it to the board as fact, like others here i would / should ask that he provide us with a bases to his claim.

As a matter of fact, you have done the same thing of which you accuse Farkel. So, I should think you should do the same thing you request of him...that is "provide us with a 'bases' to his claim" (actually that is "basis")

You can see now PawPaw that the onus is not on me to tell you what i know.
    Since you too made a statement contradicting Farkel's statement...the onus IS also on you to prove it.

Am i being unreasonable peoples ??
    ...only if you live up to your own statements

Had Enough

"Never doubt that a small group of citizens can change the world.
    Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."
    ...Margaret Mead

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit