MAY 10 BROOKLYN EAGLE NEWS/WATCHTOWER SEX ABUSE

by ARoarer 29 Replies latest jw friends

• ARoarer
    ARoarer

I went to Brooklyn Hts. today to pick my son up from college at the New York Institute of Technology, which is right in the heart of Bethel. He brought home a news paper with the headlines entitled:

CHILD-MOLESTATION PROBLEMS NOW HIT HEIGHTS-BASED JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES. I tried to see if I could find the article on line, but was not successful so I will post some of the things mentioned in the article;
    It took up the front page and another full page.
    "For almost a century the Watchtower Bible & Tract Society, or Jehovah's Witnesses, have called Brooklyn Heights their world headquarters. Today, the Watchtower governing body rules from a lofty perch overlooking New York Harbor and Wall Street, overseeing more than a million square feet of spacein Brooklyn Heights, Fulton Ferry Historic District, and DUMBO. The Heights, is, in effect, thier Vatican City. But a recent controversy over how the governing body has handled child molestation and abuse cases might have caused a rift in the church membership at large, much the same way the Catholic Church has faced it." (Story Page 2)

It goes on to talk about the same things mentioned in other news articles about Bill Bowen, Barbara Anderson, and us, the Pandelo's. The story is quite long and I can't mention it all but one thing that caught my eye was that it mentioned the Catholic Church twice, as having the same problems. This must be driving Headquarters crazy, since they have spent the century judging the Catholic Church as being identified by it's fruitage of pedophile priests, false religion. Take the rafter out of your own eye Watchtower The story also mentions "Bill Bowen has heard from thousands of victims in the past year. The allegations involve both rank and file members of the church and, like the scandal engulfing the Roman Catholic Church, leaders of the faith."

Has anyone seen this article or posted it somewhere?

Barb

• r51785
    r51785

God bless The Brooklyn Eagle!
    Didn't they use to tell the truth about Charlatan Taze Russell 100 years ago?

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Is there any way this article can be scanned?

"As every one knows, there are mistakes in the Bible" - The Watchtower, April 15, 1928, p. 126
    Believe in yourself, not mythology.
    <x ><

• ARoarer
    ARoarer

I e-mailed the editor. I don't have a scanner. The Brooklyn Eagle has done a lot of research on Russell.

• Satanus
    Satanus

r

The amazing brooklyn eagle! They did a day by day, blow by blow coverage of the miracle wheat court case against russel. They must be chomping at the bit for another round.

Btw, for a few bucks, the brooklyn library will mail photos of the microfiche of miracle wheats days in court.

SS

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

ROFLMAO at this comment:

The Heights, is, in effect, thier Vatican City.

Hahahahahahahahahahahah you stupid pathetic idiotic arrogant bastards!

The joke is on you boys now Watchtower Legal! You're running your own Vatican City now in the eyes of all your neighbors. And the GB is your Pope - or should I say Papa - nah "Mama" sounds better!

100 years of taking splinter by splinter shots at the Catholic Church and now you're faced with this rafter that you can no longer hide behind.

hahahhahahahahahaha

• Farkel
    Farkel

: Didn't they use to tell the truth about Charlatan Taze Russell 100 years ago?

Yes. Russell sued them and lost. The Brooklyn Eagle has had a hard-on for the WTS for a long, long time. The WTS owns some of the most expensive real estate in the City and pays zip in property taxes. Brooklynites who are informed have little or no respect for the WTS and its multi-national printing Corporation headquarted in their City.

In short, Brooklynites hate scumbags. I hardly can blame them for that.

Farkel

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

The story on Pastor Russell as related by the Brooklyn Eagle
    can be found at:

http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/2919/russ1.html

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

I have copies of the Brooklyn Heights Press & Cobblle Hill News from 1983. Sent to me by a Bethelite at the time, actually, and I am wondering if that paper is still in business.

The reason I ask is that they constantly vilified Bethel, and printed the nastiest letters from Heights' residents who were pissed at the WTS's takeover of the Heights. One letter writer called himself Miles Standish and referred to the JWs as "Jehovah's Zombies!"
    Any Brooklynites out there know if the Heights Press is still around? They would be having a field day with this. The paper was an established one, running since 1937. I would love to see what they would be saying. And the Bethelites read it.

S4 - who loves the thought of the Heights as JW Vatican City!!!

• BATHORY
    BATHORY

Hey FARKEL you unappreciative buck tooth self confessed loser.

You said

" The WTS owns some of the most expensive real estate in the City and pays zip in property taxes ".

Ummm, what makes you think that ?? Can you qualify that claim, or is that off the cuff ( or outa your arse ?? ).

I KNOW otherwise, but ill ask you, prove it !

Youl get whiplash if you keep pullin it so hard !!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit