The 'Truths' The Watchtower Can't Teach

by metatron 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

U.2.K.:

Christmas, Easter, Birthdays, etc... < They are false Customs, and believe me That's not Something the WT made up, Cause i study all them customs, and believe me The WT Was right about that> "Christmas: Lie =Sin = Santa = Christ Birth> billions Celebrate Christmas, and they lie in the process and use Christ nane...< So again the wt was right about that!
    What is a "false" custom? Custom means a habitual practice. Christmas, as we now know it, has evolved over hundreds of years. If you believe in the birth of Christ your celebration would probably be different than a person that doesn't, but appreciates the 'holiday' spirit it brings. (Let's not get into the materialism argument...Christmas is celebrated by people in a variety of ways, which includes religion...that in itself doesn't make it "false". The same goes for Easter. Now about BIRTHDAYS....how can that be a "false" custom? Even Adam and Eve had a birthday (they just didn't have a calendar to know which day to celebrate).
  • Sangdigger
    Sangdigger

How about Immortality of the soul? (this could be under a topic all on its own.) I have spent a considerable ammount of time studying this one christian orthodox doctrine, and i believe one of the most important scriptures is when the Lord tells the thief, "Truly i tell you, today you will be with me in paradise". Of course we know the NWT inserts the comma after today, renedering it a different meaning altogher. And as most of you know, the Greek uses no comma's. However, nowhere else in scripture does Jesus use the word today, after saying, "Truly i tell you" or "Verily i say unto you" ect.... Of course there seem to be good arguments on either side of the issue regarding the state of the "soul" or "spirit" after death. I just found it fascinating when i first started looking into this, that so many key scriptures were changed to fit WTS doctrine. Another one that blows me away is Coll.2:9(?-i dont have my bible handy at the moment) Where the KJ and most say, "He did not consider it robbery to be equal with God" And the NWT says something lIke "He did not consider it a siezure, namely that he should be like God" What in the world is that supposed to mean? Yeah, i know. A "siezure" would have to mean something grasped, but to the average dummy reading it, it just muddies up the picture of whats being said. I remember when i was a JW, when pushing the NWT at the door, we would tell the householder that this New translation took all the old english out of it, and was much easier to understand. Yeah, right!!!!!!!!
    Anyway, i am a new member to this sight, so cut me some slack. I'll open my mouth for what its worth everytime i get a chance.
    cheers....

• Will Power
    Will Power

Hi Sanddigger

The little brown "Reasoning" book is another red flag.
    They know these objections are what changes their gospel to one not found in the book that they worship, So they reprint the NWT with a handbook explaining why they had to do a little doctrin-ing.
    Then they actually practice this with each other to make sure they have memorized these opposing views properly, with the right come back, the right tract to pull out next etc.
    If he says this, try saying this, then get him to agree to this while you introduce this, then steer away from that and then nail him with this. Remember to count every minute!

Again, welcome
    will

• Black Man
    Black Man

Bringing this back up to the top.....GREAT POST!!!

• rx7speed
    rx7speed

Hello everyone,
    I'm new here but I wanted to post my feelings. Before I start let me tell you a little bit about me. I was "BORN" in the "truth" my father was a congregation overseer when I was born which is what we call nor Elders. So I had a very strict upbringing. I can trully tell you that some of their doctrins are good and correct, like some of you pointed out. The problem with the JW is their control on personal lives. I can write a book for this matter. I've been a pioneer & MS and know that they want to control all you do, think, act, dress...etc. You relinquish all personal opinion and feelings to the congregation Elders hence the Governing Body. That is the main problem that you all should be more concern about. I was always in trouble because I had an open mind about things. I always "asked too many questions" like I was told. I will tell you that If you really want to know "the Truth" it will NOT set you free. It will put a stop to all your free will and you will HAVE to abide to their own way of thinking. That is their crime. That is why they should be put on trial not some of their doctrins because evry religion has something someone does not like. But the question is can you voice your opinion? Can you ask why? Would you be disfellowship because of it? The things I've gone thru are unbelivable...because I am an individual and they did not like that!

• Will Power
    Will Power

Welcome speed

You have just described the reasons why big business CULTS should not be classed as a religion.

Stick around and you'll find out how god keeps his shiny "clean" printing presses humming in New York City - tax free.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit