"Foursquare" at Dachau

by Quendi 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Quendi
    Quendi

I hope someone can give me a quick answer to this question. The 1974 Yearbook of Jehovah's Witnesses tells the story of the movement in Germany with much detail about experiences Witnesses had during the years of the Third Reich. One of the stories was about life in the Dachau concentration camp when it was under the command of a man nicknamed "Foursquare." Can somebody look up that information in the Yearbook and give me his real name? Thanks in advance.

Quendi

• emeth
    emeth

Baranowsky

• fastJehu
  • Quendi
    Quendi

Thanks, emeth. I have tried to find more information which would corroborate the Yearbook account. Baranowsky is not listed among the commanders' names for Dachau in the Wikipedia article on the camp. I then went to the official website (http://www.kz-gedenkstaette-dachau.de/index-e.html) and found no information about him there as well, and I checked using both his surname and the "Foursquare" nickname. Perhaps I am mistaken to think he was in command anytime at Dachau and was in charge of another camp? I hate to think the whole story was simply a fabrication on the part of the WTS. I will continue my research but I would also appreciate anyone else's input on this. Thanks again.

Quendi

• Quendi
    Quendi

Thank you, fastjehu for the information. I still find it curious that Baranowski's name does not appear on any ledger, list or catalogue in connection with the Dachau concentration camp. I cannot help but wonder why. Could it be that there is some fear/superstition connected with his death from an undiagnosed illness that has prevented any acknowledgment of his command at Dachau? Or perhaps his tenure there was too short to merit an official mention? In any case, if half of what was said or written about him is true, his death was hardly an untimely one.

Quendi

• blondie
    blondie

In June 1934, Eicke was given the title of Inspector General and the authority to approve all punishments in all the camps. His promotion was a reward for accepting the assignment to execute Ernst Röhm, the Commander of the Storm Troopers, after Röhm refused Hitler's order to kill himself. Röhm was openly homosexual and Eicke was also rumored to be a homosexual.

SS Oberführer Heinrich Deubel replaced Eicke as the Commandant of Dachau, but was dismissed after a few months for being too lenient with the prisoners. Deubel was replaced by SS Standartenführer Hermann Baranowski.

http://www.scrapbookpages.com/DachauScrapbook/KZDachau/DachauLife2.html

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Quendi: I hate to think the whole story was simply a fabrication on the part of the WTS.

Would they do that? Make something up?

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

What happened to him? Was he a war criminal?

The most upsetting Holocaust film I saw was filmed by the Germans. They were so proud they made a record for the future. We were told not to eat before watching it.

• fastJehu
    fastJehu

Thank you, fastjehu for the information. I still find it curious that Baranowski's name does not appear on any ledger, list or catalogue in connection with the Dachau concentration camp. I cannot help but wonder why. Could it be that there is some fear/superstition connected with his death from an undiagnosed illness that has prevented any acknowledgment of his command at Dachau? Or perhaps his tenure there was too short to merit an official mention? In any case, if half of what was said or written about him is true, his death was hardly an untimely one.
    Quendi

He ist listed in all the 3 links I posted above. It is not a JW fake.

• emeth
    emeth

@Quendi it would be better if you not seek a job as a researcher

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit