Anyone know where to get support?

by Nosferatu 15 Replies latest jw friends

• daringhart13
  • snare&racket
    snare&racket

Go speak to your doctor and repeat everything you said here x if they dismiss it, dismiss them and get one that listens.

snare x

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

A cognititve behavioral therapist can do a lot of helpful things. Whether needing medication or not, they do help.

They put mental "tools" in your "mental toolbox"

• awakenyr2004
    awakenyr2004

This is just my opinion and only an opinion. I do not know you, obviously. But if you know your problem then you have won half the battle. Unless you think you need some medication I see no need to spend money on therapy. Calmer heads prevail. So maybe a little time alone will do you some good. Next time you find yourself in a situation where you want to throw the baby out with the bath water take a walk, drive, go to your room, just slow down and think. Let yourself cool down and remind yourself that you are no longer in a relationship with your ex-wife. Best Wishes . . .

• mynameislame
    mynameislame

Maybe something like al-anon coda or acoa. These seem somewhat related to alcoholic family members but I don't think they mind if you are liberal with what you consider being affected by someone in your life that used alcohol.

I find meditation to be helpful. Plenty of YouTube videos to get you started.

Keep trying differnt things till you find the one that works.

And if it doesn't work the first time around it might help at a later time if you try again.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

The fact that you understand what your problem is will help you tremendously. Do get therapy, that can really help you figure out how to get over this. Work hard at therapy, be willing to do what it takes to recover. This will probably be the hardest thing you have ever done. Personal growth is not easy, but you will be glad you did it. I highly recommend meditation and journaling, your therapist can help you with that. Eat a healthy diet and use alcohol sparingly, food and drink can be a way to avoid dealing with problems. Hang out with positive people who can be supportive, get rid of friends who bring you down, you cannot afford those kinds of friendships.

I wish you well on your journey to a better life, believe in yourself, you can do this.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit