Mud slide in WA state - sister at Assembly

by leaving_quietly 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• blondie
    blondie

I knew a family that was killed on the way home from a Sunday meeting; what a reward for their faithfulness.

Or the family killed on the way home from a CA...reward from God for attending?

Or the jw family killed at a rest stop in Tennessee...reward from God?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lillelid_murders

• finally awake
    finally awake

A woman in my old hall was in a wreck on the way home from an assembly. Her witness husband was killed and she was badly injured. Her injuries in the wreck led to the acceleration of her dementia and by the time I quit attending she was beginning to forget some of the basic witness beliefs, like only 144,000will go to heaven.

• Island Man
    Island Man

I bet a lot more lives were saved because of people who were away from their home enjoying 'worldly' pleasures.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

My son lives in the town that had the mudslide. He isn't a witness. He was not hurt. I am considered by many to be apostate. Yet, my son was safe from the mudslide (though his school is rescue central). I guess we can make something of that, if we wish.

I am a believer, but here is what I believe. Stuff happens, and we can use the stuff that happens to improve ourselves and be better people than we were. Good or bad things happen-and how do we respond? We can use challenges or blessings for good/growth or as an excuse or selfishly-as the case might be.

• stillin
    stillin

Superstitious people! I believe it's bad luck when you hear from one.

I wonder whether the sister who survived because she was at an assembly is grateful because she didn't go to her assigned assembly, but rather an alternative one.

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

Leaving, Thanks for sharing the news!

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

What good is being alive when you have no home and lost everything?

How is it tragic for the family that died? They would have died some point in time. The eventual happened now rather than then.

And what makes them think that if she had not been at the assembly she would have died? She could have been other places than home, such as work or the city.

What makes them think that being home she would have died?

Assumptions, assumptions,

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

Assumptions!...Shortly after 9-11, I remember an email circulating about a brother who turned down an opportunity to have a promising career where he would worked in the twin towers. Instead he decided to serve Jehovah more fully by pioneering which proved to be a protection. I believe the email was quoting a talk from a CO. Wish I'd saved the email.

• BluePill2
    BluePill2

Some people where at Walmart that day. The Walmart-God is a good god and a protecter of the shoppers and believers in potato chips and baked-beans.

Hail Walmart!

• wasblind
    wasblind

" Instead he decided to serve Jehovah more fully by pioneering which proved to be a protection from ."

Hello Bonnie_Clyde

And for the unforeseen occurrances as Blondie posted

We can't help but ask

Where was the protection

Witnesses need to realize, " Stuff happens "

Whether you serve God or Not

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit