Mud slide in WA state - sister at Assembly

by leaving_quietly 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

Look for it in the Yearbook next year. There was an assembly the day of the big mudslide in Washington last Saturday. A sister's life was saved because she obediently attended the assembly and thus was not home when a huge mudslide hit her neighborhood and buried and killed lots of people. Her house was destroyed. (I heard all this second-hand, but have no reason to doubt its validity.)

If you haven't heard about this mudslide, it's pretty tragic. It was huge, one of the biggest ones I've ever heard of. CNN has some reporting on it.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/26/us/washington-landslide-vignettes/index.html?hpt=hp_inthenews

Personally, I'm thankful she was at the assembly and not at home when this happened. I'm saddened, though, that this will be an example of "Jehovah's hand" in things. I will tell anyone who says something like this, "Well, just remember what Ecclesiastes 9:11 says: 'time and unforeseen occurrences' (or as it now says, 'time and unexpected events') befall us all. Even Jesus did not attribute those being killed as being disobedient. Remember his comment about the 18 killed when the tower fell? He asked if they had greater guilt than the rest in Jerusalem, and he answered that they did not."

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

So she survives a mud slide because she was not there to go to an assembly, so what's that say to those that died last year in the typhoon? That if they were true survants of jah they would of left that island all together even though there was no warning for them to do so . Such crap.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

They are deluded. I can't really be mad at the R&F any more, just the hypocritical leaders who knowingly mislead the sheeple. My Father who is not a dub, had some serious medical issues. An Elder's wife made the comment, " Maybe Jeehover gave him these health issues to help him stop smoking, that way he can come in da' troof." I rest my case.

DD

• wasblind
    wasblind

Jehovah's Witnesses render free will null and void

when they attribute catastrophies to disobedience

• AnneB
    AnneB

The same thing was said about the Chowchilla kidnapping (school bus hijacking). One student was absent that day to travel to an assembly so wasn't on the bus the day it was hijacked and buried. There's an article in the Awake! about it...

Wasn't there "an account" about someone missing the assembly and getting swept away in the Indonesian tsunami?

Couldn't the Baptist or Episcopalian or <insert name of denomination here> be saying the same sort of thing in their own church publications?

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

" That if they were true survants of jah they would of left that island all together even though there was no warning for them to do so ."

Yeah..... Why didn't the GB have a convention planned in a safe location????

DD

• wasblind
    wasblind

" Couldn't the Baptist or Episcopalian be saying the same thing in thier own church publications ? " ___Anne B

Jehovah's Witness claim others die because they were not servin' " Jehovah "

Any other religion is false because they say there is only one road to salvation . Thiers

• watson
    watson

JWorg today:

A mile-wide mudslide buried homes in Snohomish County, Washington, USA on March 22, 2014. Local officials state that up to 90 people are still missing and 17 people have been confirmed dead. The United States branch office of Jehovah’s Witnesses reports that one female Witness is among the missing. One Witness couple lost both their daughter and great-granddaughter in the mudslide. Two Witnesses had to evacuate their homes; the home of another Witness was completely destroyed. Local Witness elders are providing comfort and support to those affected by the disaster.

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

Seventh Day Adventists would not be at home, because they observe

Saturday as the Sabbath and all get up early and go to church all day Saturday

even eating lunch there. This happened on Saturday morning, they were saved.

Devote Orthodox Catholics would have been at daily Mass. They were saved.

• Tech49
    Tech49

I know, through mutual friends, the witness family they are referring to. Young mom and her baby killed, (they found the baby, but not the mom) and the young lady's grandmother. Very tragic, indeed. Very sad, and a horrible thing to happen to this family, and the many others in the small communjty as well.

The next thing you will hear referenced, alluded to, or inferred to, by extension, is this: the slide took place on a Saturday morning at around 10:30am. If they had all followed the FDS instructions and had truly loved Jehovah, they would have been out in field service, after all, it was the first day of the tract campaign for the memorial! You watch, there will be, as has been mentioned, an assembly experience, or yearbook experience, of the saving power of Jah.

Their lives would have been spared!

Listen, obey, and be blessed!

Tech49

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit