"The Joy of Sect", Simpsons Episode...

by juanvazquez88 17 Replies latest jw friends

• mynameislame
    mynameislame

Lisa: "Dad, do you think You have been brain washed?"

Homer: "I have not been brain washed....kill the girl, kill the girl"

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

There are SOME elements that are similar to the JW's but not many... It's interesting how the "normal" religion views the cult...

The lawyers part is the part where it is EERILY similar to the JW's... eww...

• A.proclaimer
    A.proclaimer

This episode was mostly based on the moonies and scientologists, as well as other cults like heavens gate. Certain things are similar to JWs but it takes more effort to see.

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

I think that Super Best Friends from Southpark has more of a JW connection... the recruiting, the promises of being happy, the chasing by the elders, the tattle-tale on other members...

• dazed but not confused
  • Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

I would like to see South Park to do an full episode on the Watchtower to add to their work on Scientology and Mormonism.

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

Vanderhoven: Sout Park did do one on JW's... but it's not a full episode....

• DuvanMuvan
    DuvanMuvan

i remember in one fairly recent south park episode a few Asian jws came to someone's door and were being really annoying and stuff but nothing more than a quick 2 minute, at most, joke

i would love to see them really get into the religion like with the mormon episode

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit