College Class about JWs .... book suggestions?

by Shepherd Book 22 Replies latest watchtower bible

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

I am going to explore the origins of the organization

If you watched the video I linked in an earlier post then you could conclude that the "origin" of this organization and its mandate have been carefully initiated and manipulated by Satan and his demons.

If you want to go back a little further to examine the precursor religion(s) then this video on Daniel Chapter 8 might help:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZY9Ckvmfqs

abe

• Shepherd Book
    Shepherd Book

OldGoat- Yes, good point. I'll have to put one or two Watchtower-published texts on the syllabus. I don't want to list the Proclaimers book. I read it once; it was boring. Maybe I'll just list a couple of chapters from it. Thank you fort eh other suggestions.

Ablebodiedman- One or two videos are okay. I might use them. Thanks.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I suggest:

A People For His Name: A History of Jehovah's Witnesses and An Evaluation by Tony Wills - used by Ray Franz & James Penton as source material

The Desolations of the Sanctuary by Emil & Otto Sadlack - the reaction of some sincere German Bible Students to Rutherford's reforms of Russell's organization

DEMONISM and the WATCH TOWER by Roy D. Goodrich - the only publicly available collection of some of Goodrich's writings.

Captives of a Concept (Anatomy of an Illusion) by Don Cameron - the key deception of Watchtower dogma

each of these are available through Amazon or Lulu.com at reasonable prices.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit