Did you ever attend meetings while on vacation?

by keyser soze 18 Replies latest jw friends

• joyfulfader
    joyfulfader

I went while on my honeymoon...yeah. Crazy.

• scarredforlife
    scarredforlife

No. Thank goodness my parents were never quite that zealous. We even on a few occasions went to assemblies in "vacation" type spots and skipped a session or 2 to go see some sites.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

nearly always...

"to experience the united warmth of our brotherhood" blah blah..

now i know that translates to: "to experience the lack of individuality and to see the complete 'droneness' of the cookie cutter org"

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Yup, and very fortunately it resulted in my meeting the beautiful lady who became my wife (ex-pioneer) who is also 100% aware of TTATT!!

• ctrwtf
    ctrwtf

Eeeeewwwww!

• Princess Ashe
    Princess Ashe

on your honeymoon!!!!! Wow that's crazy. My cousin and I were visiting my bro in Cali and we went to the kh we arrived early a few people thought he was the speaker. At the end of the meeting we talked with a few people it. One older lady through me off she inquired if we were kissing cousins. And she hands me like a business card with her information on it and the watchtower symbol (the tower picture) really strange.

• Gypsy Sam
    Gypsy Sam

Yes, I loved the opportunity to make new "friends". I went way out of my way many times as it was exciting to me, especially when I visited CA. I really enjoy socializing.

• blondie
    blondie

We didn't make a religion of it..ha...but we wanted to compare hospitality and friendliness of jws in other states and countries. We did not twist our schedule though. The jw world is small though, we encountered jws who had family, friends, etc., from our area. One was cold and unfriendly all 3 times we stopped. Another was energetic and friendly, had us over for dinner. Of course that didn't show how they treated non-visitors.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Luckily....NO!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit