Did you ever attend meetings while on vacation?

by keyser soze 18 Replies latest jw friends

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I remember when I was a kid going on vacation somewhere with my family, my parents would always have to find out where the local Kingdom Hall was. God forbid we should miss a meeting because we were actually enjoying our time away from work and school.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

My mom did that a few times on vacay, what every kid looks forward to on family vacation. Well, I guess if we didn't go the KH in San Francisco the day after we arrived I guess I would'nt have had the experience of riding a cable car, that's how we got the KH . . . oh joy.

But then again that was also my first experience of a speaker getting ill during his talk and the meeting still going on, the guy had an epileptic seizure, some of the brothers carried him to the back of the hall and needless to say the meeting still went on, they just started the WT study earlier than expected.

• prologos
    prologos

remember one sunday meeting attented in TX, wow what an after-session eatfest of quite a gang in a great eatery, and insisting picking up our tab&tip.

rememeber attending an ASSEMBLY in Daytona Beach FL, in a Venue ACROSS the the street from beach row.

Go out, drive onto the beach and enjoy the WHITE NOISE of the breaking waves, compared to the drone during sessions.

you might aslo meet brother perfect that way.

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

Only because my father signed me up for a public talk while I was visiting them once. Otherwise, are you fcuking nuts??!

• snowbird
    snowbird

Yep.

I was a zealous JW.

Sylvia

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

Yep. Quite a few times on UK Holidays and twice on European.

It was quite nice getting a different group of people and Public talks.

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Vacations were my time. No I never went to a jw meeting on my vacation.

• teela(2)
    teela(2)

Meetings and assemblies were my vacation. My parents also made them educational by taking me to visit landmarks. No musems or art that may have lead me enjoy myself. LOL

• KWJoe
    KWJoe

never....shorts and flip flops for my vacations

• emeth
    emeth

i did while we were in the United Kingdom and Italy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit