The Watchtower is under siege from inside and outside

by suavojr 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Fernando
    Fernando

The facts and figures don't lie.

Up to 140 years of door knocking for one baptism...

And that largely from picking off Christendom's vulnerable, ignorant, foolish, wounded, disaffected...

From the frying pan into the fire...

• wearewatchingyouman
    wearewatchingyouman

There's a sucker born everyday. Their pool is still large enough to drown in. They've survived this long. I don't see that changing. They're fairly adept at evolving.

• Magnum
    Magnum

wearwatchingyouman - I agree that there are plenty of suckers, but the OP said that it's getting harder to recruit, and I agree. They may be able to recruit some, but it's definitely harder for them. And as I mentioned in a post above, if they do get any recruits, they're not of the caliber they used to be.

• wearewatchingyouman
    wearewatchingyouman

I'm not arguing that point. I agree. My point is I don't think it will hurt them. Corporations have figured out they can get more work done, and of course make more money, with the same or less people. Door to door salesman are long out of relevance and effectiveness. They're just going to get more hardcore with the control and a little broader and vague with the dogma. They'll utilize technology and streamline the profit structure.

The money isn't in the publications. It's in the assets. They have all the people they need to figure out the best way to utilize their labor in these times. I wish the WBTS was a publicly traded company. I'd buy as many shares as I could.

• Bella15
    Bella15

We need to bring awareness about the Watchtower CORPORATION. The name JehovahsWitnesses is associated with a religion so to say, a group of good Christians, but we all know that it is only a DBA (doing business as) of the Watchtower Corporation. I have used this tactic with a lot of people and their thinking changes when I explain and show them the small print in their publications. I also refer to the FDS as the Board of Directors.

• Magnum
    Magnum

wearewatchingyouman - OK, I think we agree. The quality and caliber of the individual JW is going down as it gets harder to recruit quality people, but the org will survive because it will change tactics.

They're just going to get more hardcore with the control and a little broader and vague with the dogma. They'll utilize technology and streamline the profit structure.

The money isn't in the publications. It's in the assets. They have all the people they need to figure out the best way to utilize their labor in these times.

I definitely agree with that.

• wearewatchingyouman
    wearewatchingyouman

So you're saying you wouldn't buy some stock if they were publicly traded?

• kaik
    kaik

WT will always attract people especially in countries with established national churches and religion. There are always a group of people who are dissatisfied with the choice of their religion and go on church shopping spree. Some of them eventually end in JW religion. Sometimes personal crisis like illness, death, natural disaster causes people to join an organization with extreme views. JW offers people easy solutions; they do not need to study, save for retirement, worried about health, because Armageddon is just behind the corner to solve their personal issues.

• man oh man
  • joe134cd
    joe134cd

The searcher = That is why I walked out before It got to that point. I suggest you be proactive rather than reactive.

Magnum= I certainly saw the poor caliber of convert that was now entering the congregation e.g indegenous people with ,major addiction or psychological problems. I can give a very good example of what you are talking about. I knew a couple that were studying with the witnesses. They were Caucasian, both had good jobs, and what I would call upper middle class people. For the couple of months they were attending the meetings I became quite friendly with them. I remembered them telling me on one occasion that they were going to visit their pastor from a previous church to question him. Hence needless to say I never saw them again. Some time later when I was awakening i enquired as to what happened. The reply was they mentioned this to a relative, who went to the internet and the rest is history. They didn't even have to go to the pastor.

There is no doubt in my mind that the society has to become more active on the internet, and I believe in time they will be forced to. Weather this will work for them or against them time will tell.

I like to call apostasy the silent or faceless problem. To back this up I saw the results of a servey done on JWServey. Of the respondents to this apostate site over 50% of them were either active or fading witnesses, compared to just over a 3rd who claimed to be disfellowshiped. If this is a reflection of the bigger picture it would suggest that an apostate is someone who chooses to remain silent, but is quite prepared to discuss what he openly thinks if given the chance to remain anonymous (faceless). The sooner the WTBTS realises this the better off they will be.

i also believe they have poor mechanisms in place for membership retention. It just blows my mind how they are prepared to spend billions of dollars and countless man hours pissing people off in recruitment and yet do nothing ( other than an obligation free disfellowshiping) to retain them.

The policies which they believe is making for a tidier more spiritual organisation, is actually having the opposite effect. If disfellowshipping was discipline from Jehovah and keeping the congregation clean, then there would be less incidences and a high return rate. This isn't the case, and the fact that they may be having financial troubles would suggest that the current system isn't working. Will they do away with this. I think it is tooooooo far entrenched to turn back now. It will be interesting to see what eventually happens to WBTS, and I hope i live to see it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit