HI

by LillyC 12 Replies latest forum tech-support

• LillyC
    LillyC

I have only just joined but thinking of giving up already.

It does not seem very easy to use this forum really. My topic does not seem visible. I don't know how to do my profile or anything.

Finding it difficult.

• LillyC
    LillyC

Also why are we restricted to only 10 postings per day? I am not used to such restrictions.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

The forum is oldish and at times temperamental. The profile is basic. I haven't been able to change mine for years. Simon the admin is working on a new site. The 10 postings per day restriction is temporary.

And welcome

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack

LillyC, don't give up. It is not that bad. You'll figure it out. Yes, the forum is a bit behind the times technically, but here, the conversations are important, not the presentation.

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

The information and support on this forum is great. Glad you joined and hope you are patient in using this forum. The interchange here is of such great value.

• steve2
    steve2

From your comments, LilyC, I'm not sure your even able to see replies to the topic you started - which, if correct, means you won't be able to see what I've written.

Yes, to newcomers, this site can be a bit of a challenge but it does become easier over time. The posting restriction is simply for newcomers - and is removed after a set time period. This is fairly standard in this type of forum.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

If you click on your user name in the upper right you should then be able to see threads you started and threads you posted on. If you are looking at active threads you will only see threads that have recently been posted on, with the more current posts on the first page. Every time someone posts, the thread gets "bumped" to the top. If no one posts on it, it will getter further and further back.

I hope that helps.

• flipper
    flipper

LILLY- Nice to have you here ! Hang in there,you will find lots of support on this board. Again a warm welcome to you

• mouthy
    mouthy

Welcome LillyC !Great to have you on board,this is a good ship!!!

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Hi LillyC, You are right that this forum is not very intuitative.

If you want to see what you have posted, click on your username "LillyC" at the top of this thread or in the top right-hand corner of this webpage. Your personal page will be displayed with the last three options as "Topics Started", "Topics Posted On", and "Send Messages" in the blue menu bar. Clicking on the options button underneath your username in the top right-hand corner of the webpage only expands or compresses the webpage on you display. Clicking on the envelope next to your username in the top right-hand corner of the webpage will display messages that you have received. If no number is on the envelope you have no messages.

I hope that aforementioned comments help you and that you will continue to post on this forum.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit