I have an honest question!

by FL_Panthers 67 Replies latest jw friends

• DATA-DOG
  • Dismissing servant
    Dismissing servant

OK, Data-dog, you maybe changed you mind. You post diappeared That's OK

I may be a bit naive, but I prefere being that, than acting unfriendly to an active JW posting here.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

FL_Panthers - The only thing I am worried about is my relationship with my rents. I have a feeling that if I fade they wont speak to me again. Armageddon doesn't really come in my mind in my day to day life. So you could say that I'm a witness for the wrong reason.

Hi FL_Panthers, If you are afraid that your parents will shun you if you are Df'ed, how do you feel they will treat you if they know you are inactive?

Start making your plan to fade. Your first step should be to vent your frustrations about the WTBTS/JWs on JWN and your second step should be to independently research the WTBTS to either confirm that the WTBTS is a dangerous cult or that the WTBTS is the sole "True Religion". Once you have convinced yourself of what the WTBTS is, then you can make more decisive decisions. In the mean time as long as JWs do not suspect your true feelings, there are no adverse consequences for you. JWN members will treat you respectfully as long as you reciprocate. JWs will not if you will not blindly follow the WTBTS.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• Fernando
    Fernando

Some have found moving to another continent a great personal development opportunity that allows one to preserve relationships (email, facebook, skype, phone, viber...)

Although far from experiencing the real thing, these great books can at least prepare one to expect that everything you know, think, believe, expect, trust and normally do, will be challenged:

Culture Shock series

http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/search?searchTerm=%22culture+shock%22+etiquette&search=Find+book

As before, a great personal development opportunity...

• wearewatchingyouman
    wearewatchingyouman

Yeah, the friends I have who were fooled enough to take the dunk, but never got DF'd after leaving the troof moved. Those who were most successful moved to another state or country. It's very difficult to fade while still living in your congregations territory. Just get the hell out of Dodge man.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Frankly, I think fear of death is a lousy reason too.

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

Some very good suggestions. Mike & I had our lawyer send them a cease & desist letter stating that their accusations of apostatsy were based on hearsay only and they still sent us a certified letter inviting us to our JC meeting, when we wrote back that Mike was going to be out of town and couldn't make it for that date, they ignored our request for 6 days later and when we didn't show up, disfellowshipped us anyway...

Eric @ JWStruggle did our story:

"How to disfellowship 2 people with zero proof"

Sorry I was going to paste a link here, but I'm using Google chrome and it says my browser is not supported

• Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free

Here you go Kim. To paste in some browsers click on the above Icon with the W its to the right then paste into that.

Christian Sparlock Freedom

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Vmm-dqsTjk

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit