Job 6:6

by Bebopin 11 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Bebopin
    Bebopin

King James Version Job 6:6

Can that which is unsavory be eaten without salt? Or is there any taste in the white of an egg?

New World Translation "Watchtowers Version" Job 6:6

Will tasteless thing be eaten without salt , Or is there any taste in the slimy juice of a marshmallow?

So silly why would they change this? Just comparing these versions and ran into this one. The New World Translation is not only a wrong translation , but also a silly one.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Are you serious ?

They used the world Marshmallow ?

Since when were there Marshmallows in biblical times ?

• Bebopin
    Bebopin

Yes I'm serious. I mean why change this? They make so many other changes to fit their own Watchtower false doctrines. This change just made me laugh. Is it a joke? I mean how can even a jdub past this one by and not laugh.

• Sittingstraight1212
    Sittingstraight1212

I'm not sticking up for WT! I never ever will. I just do research on stuff that helps me try and reason with hubby, but here is what I fount on line..

• Common Mallow

Marsh mallow, Althaea officinalis, is also known as common marshmallow. The plant is native to Europe and grows without cultivation in marshes, meadows, ditches and anywhere with moist soil. Plant common mallow seeds in sring to grow it in the garden. The stems of the plant die down each fall before growing again in spring. Common mallow has pink, cup-like flowers with ruffled edges.

• jonahstourguide
    jonahstourguide

It now reads the same as the NIV one of Christendoms bibles !

It uses Mallow

jtg

P.s. check the bible hub site for other renderings,,,, I think its Biblos.com.

Just type in the scripture and you're away !!!!!

Edit ,,, yes the old nwt used marshmallow,

the new nwt uses mallow

• jonahstourguide
    jonahstourguide

@ Finkelstein,,,,, evidently Jacob was not only sodding pottage but also toasting marshmallows

how could anyone resist??

jtg

• Bebopin
    Bebopin

King James Version was just fine didn't need to be changed. Not like it made it make more sense or anything.

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

Just looked it up in NIV

NWT copied NIV.

That is why I go with KG.

NIV has good historical notes.

NWT just garbage bible has nothing to offer.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

sittingstraight2012 yes I knew it was a plant

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Althaea_officinalis

• Splash
    Splash

Where translations refer to the 'white of an egg', it is the clear liquid form being referred to, not the boiled white type.

This is why the original NWT quote you provided describes it as 'slimy juice'.

Splash.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit