Shared some TTATT with my wife and now she wants us to have a weekly personal bible study

by suavojr 37 Replies latest jw friends

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

Saving this post...thanks

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

sauvojr,

Watch this video and remember the sequence of scriptures.

It examines what Paul said about the "man of lawlessness" entering "THE" temple.

Really a paradox for JW's who believe that they ARE, "THE" temple!

Understanding how to discuss that one paradox will sow a giant seed that will hopefully grow.

Don't let the title of the video stop you.

I named it in the hopes that JWs might actually watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXiA-djrIGs

abe

• smiddy
    smiddy

I personally liked the list The Searcher put up on another thread showing all the scriptures in the new testament that christians should be witnessing about Jesus not jehovah.

smiddy

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

I say, just do the bible reading schedule as from the society. The current section is Genesis. Just read the stuff in context. I guarantee you will find soemthing outrageous and indefensible in every chapter. Just read it rationally without the usual rose tinted glasses, you will love it.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

I was born in and it took me over 30 years to get out. I no longer believe in the god of the bible. I also have theories on the true origins of chrsitianity.

With that being said, I believe you should read the gospel accounts. Pay close attention to what Jesus says, the way he acts, the way he treats people. It should start to raise questions as there is a difference between being a follower of the teachings of Jesus and a christian.

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

go online and get the "Skeptics Annotated Bible", that should help pull it all together.

NJY

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Can you and your wife offer to be a friend to the 19 yr old ? Reaching out not to be judgemental ,but just caring friends ? It could be beneficial for your wife if she sees how much better it feels to be just a normal kind person than one that must follow Watchtower policy .

I was raised as a Jehovah's Witness for 40 yrs . What helped open my eyes was seeing how the organization DID NOT reflect the message Jesus was promoting . Studying 'The Greatest Man " book at our book study started me thinking how much attention was drawn away from Jesus ,and to the GB.

About this same time a circumstance arose in our hall with an 18 yr old girl that needed some help . I found out then that the 'brothers' had no idea how to apply the 'good samaritian ' lesson from the Bible ,all they could do was parrot 'Society' guidelines that we should be more involved in the preaching work than 'social' work . This was the beginning of the end for me . When you personally witness how cold ,and unloving the organization truly can be it is a slap to the face . It happens all the time ,but goes unnoticed until it personally affects someone close to you . The Elder body is more about finding fault than helping out ....this happens every where not just your hall !

Keep focusing your wife on how this situation could be handled better by just showing love .

When I quit attending I read Romans ,and Acts without the Watchtower influence . I also listened to a Minister give a discourse on those books of the Bible ,and I was touched . Love ,and Grace were explained in a way I had never been taught all those years as a Witness .

Over time I have come to my own conclusions about God,religion,and the Bible . Which are far removed from where I began .

Best wishes to you and your situation .

• suavojr
    suavojr

Thank you everyone !!!! I will prepare with the advise given and I will be ready this Sunday not teach my wife, but just guide her and let her come to her own conclusions.

I also wanted to give you guys an update.

My wife's 19 year old son came back to the house but he is standing his ground. (I am happy to hear that) He also stated how he will not dump his new girlfriend, that he is going to find a new job and save some money and move out of the house.

When his mom said that he had to follow rules and if he did not change, their relationship was going to change in a drastic way. Her son bravely stated that he understood how her religion makes her act this way and that he is not going to allow the elders to pick on him

It was also impressive that during the conversation his mom told my wife her son was calm and not disrespectful or rebellious .

I wish I had this same attitude when I was 19. Now I want to find out if he knows TTATT

Now BTW, my wife is a hard cookie to crack but I have to take it slow in order to avoid getting turned into the elders at this point. I am still preparing myself financially and I want my family to have a better foundation once I leave.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit