New Light to be released on the 100th anniversary of 1914

by smiddy 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• smiddy
    smiddy

With further study and meditation , the holy spirit has guided the Governing Body to the evident reality that the year 1914 was a symbolic enthronement of Jesus Christ to his heavenly kingship . Jehovahs Witnesses worlwide rejoice at this new understanding , empowering them to be even more determined to spread these pearls of truth to those moaning and groaning in this wicked system of things. Rom.8:22

Some have wondered , even had doubts about the ever increasing numbers who now seem to be partaking of the wine and emblems at the Lords Evening Meal ( Memmorial ) celebration held annually .

We are pleased to announce that this too has been clarified by holy spirit , with study and meditation , and we can now announce that the 144000 is in fact a symbolic number and not to be taken as a literal number as previously thought .

We , the G.B. look forward to the increased zeal and activity , as you spread these new truths to a people kept in darkness by christendom and in contrast Jehovahs Chariot surges forward toward the New Earth awaiting the faithfull .

smiddy

• paladin
    paladin

I can only imagine this might be a talk at our summer assembly. Another Watchtower spin.

• baldeagle
    baldeagle

Sounds good to me.

• Designer Stubble
    Designer Stubble

This new light shows how close to the end we must be...

Jehovah is really refining his organization

The FDS/GB is really spirit driven and that they share this new light only confirms we have the one true religion.

Other churches would never admit they had it wrong

Perfect organization, lead by imperfect humans

Yes, responses will be along that line.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

PALADIN - I strongly submit that we will NEVER EVER get "new lights" at a Regional Convention, simply because there is now "a new creation" - the "Annual Self-Glorification Meeting" each October, based on the Bible account of the plain of Dura in Daniel 3:1-7.

As I said to a brother (former Elder) last week, this meeting will become THE highlight of the year for many Witnessess because of the anticipation of "new lights" from "God's direct channel of communication on earth". The Memorial will be pushed into second place in most minds!

The GB has created a marketing problem for themselves - a bit like countries hosting the Olympics - the next one has to be more exciting than the last one, otherwise, the Great Crowd will rapidly get bored by the self-promotion exercise.

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

I didn't see the word "evidently" in there...thus it's fake!

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Good spin smiddy. No scriptures. Just good old JW thinking. The drones will take it hook, line and sinker. After posting I looked at your post again and say One scripture. Still a good spin. LOL Still Totally ADD

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

They have already written a weasely article about Jesus' first 100 years of rule. In it they downplay his rule and emphasize the fact that he is crowned. Then again, JEHOVAH is still king as well. So I guess Jesus has a 1,100 year reign???? Dubs don't care. They want to be special and have their panda petting zoo.

DD

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I didn't see the word "evidently" in there...thus it's fake!

Another good term that shows that the HS is blessing this change is "it is reasonable to conclude..."

But, given that neither phrase showed up evidently it is reasonable to conclude, that this is a fake announcement.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

There is no possible way the Society will make the 144,000 doctrine symbolic. That would sent shock waves throughout the JW world through every nook and cranny. That would make the average JW wonder what else they got wrong, possibly resulting in a mass exodus, revealing the 144,000 is symbolic would have catastrophic effects I think.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit