What Made U Feel Special As A Jehovah's Witness?

by minimus 12 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

For me, it was the idea of never dying and living forever. Plus being a bible scholar. Lol

• Jaidubdub
    Jaidubdub

For me it was thinking jw's were the only religion that had 'the troof' & worshipped the true god. I didn't realise at the time that god was 8 - or should I now say 7 - men who were in Brooklyn & the so-called 'troof' was all lies...

• Satanus
    Satanus

Can't say i felt special. I felt lots of guilt and inadequicy.

S

• williamhconley
    williamhconley

For me it was the idea that we had the absolute irrefutable truth. This gave me courage, boldness and zeal to preach and be confident. This of course changed when I started to do real independent study of the Bible and the complete true history of the WT Corporation. This study has lead me to beleive that no one can say they have THE TRUTH as the bible itself is not clear on many doctrines and can actually be used to teach whatever you want.

Proof that the Bible is not a clear source for truth is the fact that there are over 10k christian religions and sects and cults. Even the organization that claims that they have the complete truth of the Bible is constantly changing it's doctrines even to the point of reverting back to interpretations that were changed years back.

W.H.Conley

• Satanus
    Satanus

Oh, earlier on, i did. As a teen, i knew everything. I loved getting into the wt prescribed arguements on the various subjects. I gradually came to know less and less. Funny, that.

S

• minimus
    minimus

sa tan us, I like you, my man.

• jam
    jam

I believed that I could sat down with anyone, scientist,astrophysics,

politician, geologist, university professor, Jew or Gentile and teach them

a thing or two from my world of knowledge from the Truth Book.

• rayelynnlee
    rayelynnlee

The idea that the congregation was a haven full of people giving unconditional love made me feel special...until I realized it was conditional love.

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Special? (I've always felt special. Lol.)

Having found god/ the truth, actively seeking him/IT and finding him/IT was what made me feel special.

• humbled
    humbled

I liked that they didn't kill people in wars--but they had the strength of conviction to die for the love of their fellow humans and for the love of God.

It was not as it appeared. Not just that way at all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit