Meeting after meeeting

by molybdenum 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• molybdenum
    molybdenum

I just got information that there is going to be a short 10 min meeting

with Elders and MS after the first meeting of the week during the CO visit.

This is in addition to the usual Elders/MS meeting.

It might just be for my congregation, but is this something new?

I wonder why.

• Island Man
    Island Man

The fact that it's after the first meeting tells me that the information the C.O. wants to convey has a bearing on the week of the visit. It may be a meeting for the C.O. to give pointers to the elders and servants on how to motivate the whole cong. to participate in the week of special activities, to try to be present at all the meetings and field service activities and try to encourage others in the cong to do the same.

Is he a new C.O.? If so it might just be him wanting to get to know all the elders and servants and their various responsibilities.

Or maybe it's some new policy or concern that the governing body wants shared only with the servant body. Maybe the C.O. will tell them the GB is concerned about apostasy and will give them signs to look out for in R&F members. But that kind of info could just as easily be shared with them at the regular meeting with elders and ministerial servants . . . unless the information is somehow related to events that will transpire during all the days of the visit.

• molybdenum
    molybdenum

Thanks for the reply. He is not a new CO. This is maybe the third visit so he knows all of us pretty well.

Maybe it's just his thing, but he hasn't done it before.

Guess I just have to wait and see. Probably nothing special.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

I always find it interesting how "in the truth" they have meetings that are ABOUT meetings.

• molybdenum
    molybdenum

Probably I will hear something like...

" blah blah blah....do more...blah blah blah..not doing enough...blah blah blah....do more return visits...blah blah blah...set the lead....blah blah blah

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

Likely the new program that's set up for C.O. visits: on Tuesday night, meet with all the elders and make arrangements to call on every inactive person sometime during the week. It's an outreach program. The D.O. announced that at the last special assembly day a few weeks back. Wasn't aware it would involve M.S's, too.

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

Ten minutes sounds like something minor. Sounds like something that every member should have the right to hear! Donation come from the people!

Ekks it seems like many here have been getting knocks on the door or phone calls.

Trying to mark apostates!

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

I think it's to make everyone contact inactive ones, a one week deadline to say how missed they are, etc.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Maybe he wants to practice the secret handshake.

• steve2
    steve2

A ten minute meeting? Enough time to talk about very little...although, given it's the organisation here, probably enough timd to read instructions to elders on some variation on doing more to shepherd the flock.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit