WTS governing body changes - how have all those claiming to be anointed been exposed as liars?

by tootired2care 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

Not sure I get the reasoning here...

I understand that if they expand the GB it means those who come on board must be anointed thus in esscence the GB are "appointing" but for this to have the impact of a major change it would mean that they would have to say only the GB are anointed and I can't see them do that.

The GB can add new members from a pool of currently known anointed partakers...but anointed at the moment are self-appointed (anointed)...that wouldn't change...

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

I understand that if they expand the GB it means those who come on board must be anointed thus in esscence the GB are "appointing"

Not quite, this is much different than appointments of elders etc. What it does mean is that with this change the GB is now in the business of deciding who is annointed, a job that used to be exclusively the holy spirit's. Even though they may not decide who of the R&F are annointed, just the fact that they decide who any of the annointed are (new gb members) acknowledges that the whole anointing thing was BS all along. In other words, it's either all true in every case or it's all false.

• Listener
    Listener

Notsosure, it has been speculated here a number of times that the reason why there are only eight, now seven, GB members is because they are having great difficulty in finding suitable candidates from their pool of so called anointed brothers. The current GB need to find a way to appoint men who do not claim to be anointed and this (Juan's comments) may be a way of solving that problem.

If they claim that they do the annointing or that their mere appointment means they automatically become anointed then there will be thousands of brothers that they can select from.

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

Ah I see...I understood that they would be selecting from a pool of JW's who were known to be anointed...

But I see the point...they would need to say however...scripturally...that the GB do decide who is anointed...before they could do this...

• L3G
    L3G

Theologically, I think it would be a HUGE change. That doesn't mean, of course, that most JWs won't swallow it, just like they did the overlapping generations thing. However, it appears the GB will be taking this in small steps.

It would be nice if they'd jettison that 607/Gentile Times thing. THAT would be genuine progress...

Tootired: some of the members' comments in the thread below indicate that, in practice, this change of the present 'anointed' humanly choosing future 'anointed ones' has been already going on for some years. Maybe this proposed change is just to bring the theology into harmony with the established practice (that's just a thought/possibility, for who knows their real motives for their strange, secretive behavior, anyways?).

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/277241/1/Replacing-Guy-Piercee28094how-big-is-the-pool-from-which-to-choose#.Uy4qHP21x68

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

One of my friends suggests that "anointed" will become synonymous with "appointed." If a brother is "appointed" to the Governing Body, then the logic is that he has automatically been "anointed" by holy spirit and would therefore be considered to be part of the 144K.

Not so, there have been GB members who were not anointed in the past, might this change in the future ???

Correct me if I'm wrong please.

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

Tootired: some of the members' comments in the thread below indicate that, in practice, this change of the present 'anointed' humanly choosing future 'anointed ones' has been already going on for some years. Maybe this proposed change is just to bring the theology into harmony with the established practice (that's just a thought/possibility, for who knows their real motives for their strange, secretive behavior, anyways?).

If it has been going on for years, they have done a pretty good job of keeping it concealed from the R&F which makes those who participated in the cover-up even worse IMO. Stuff like this makes me so glad I made the right decision to just walk away from this aweful, disgusting, lying cult.

Not so, there have been GB members who were not anointed in the past

This is news to me, who on the gb was not anointed prior to becomming?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

If I'm understanding things right that the were GB members back in the 80's who were not anointed,

someone else might have some information on that. ??????

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

I heard they tried some members of the Other Sheep on the GB about ten years ago, when they seperated the GB away from the legal entities...and I heard they reported that it "just didn't work"...

• prologos
    prologos

If it is the anointing/sealing of Rev 7 for the 144k. ask these people what tribe are you from? its supposed to be exactly 12 000. so how do you answer?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit