WTS governing body changes - how have all those claiming to be anointed been exposed as liars?

by tootired2care 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

In Juan Viejo2’s recent thread about district overseer and other changes coming this bit was quite intriguing to me.

The Governing Body will be expanded to 12 to better match the biblical magic number of apostles, tribes of Israel, etc. That will also reset the 'magic number' to 8 needed to get a majority vote to make a doctrinal change…

One of my friends suggests that "annointed" will become synomous with "appointed." If a brother is "appointed" to the Governing Body, then the logic is that he has automatically been "annointed" by holy spirit and would therefore be considered to be part of the 144K.

If this bit does turn out to be true, the implications are significant. For as long as I can remember the WTS official position on the true anointed is that each individual had an unmistakable visit directly from the holy spirit, which let them know beyond any shadow of a doubt, that they were chosen for a heavenly calling.

Now if this change goes through, it would mean that it is men that now choose who is anointed, and not the holy spirit. That would be a big change. It also reveals that past and current governing body members, and the thousands of other people who claimed to be anointed, are in fact liars! Yes, there was in fact no special presence from any god or holy spirit, granted, some may have been crazy and it felt real to them though.

This to me this is another crucial indictment that this cultish sect is built upon nothing more than lies, just like all religions. Those that choose to perpetuate the false notion that there is some god, and holy spirit actively at work in people’s lives would do well to reflect on this.

• baltar447
    baltar447

My guess is they would use that scripture where an Apostle lays hands on someone to commision them or something.

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

You're probably right, they just need to redact the old print where they took the position that the holy spirit made house calls first, then they can get away with that. Blessed be the forgetfull.

• fastJehu
    fastJehu

@ tootired2care

I think, it will be NOT a big deal for the rank & file.

Because they do it today with the elders and the ms. They say, elders & ms are appointed by holy spirit.

Nobody care about - why should they care about for the GB-members? The majority not even know the names of the GB-members.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

This religious organization like all the others has been bullshit since its inception, therefore

any adjustments is not surprising or unexpected.

Twisting their own bullshit to serve theirs means is what this organization does and will do so into the future.

Either way its a lying deceiving and very dangerous cult to be sure.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Probably the biggest and notable liar within this organization (WTS.) ever has got to be Fred Franz of the late 1960's era.

An anointed asshole liar who read something the WTS. printed in literature 70 years prior to him announcing the 1975 date,

which was the bogusly derived 6000 years from Adam's existence, an incalculable dating calculation (fraud) by any

standards.

Hence an anointed liar and bloody crook.

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

The interesting aspect of this for me is that it's not just a small inner circle that have actively worked to deceive people in this cult, it's literally thousands!

Just think of all of the thousands of those currently claiming to be anointed, and all of the thousands before them that lied about being annointed. Is it not them that have been presented as strong evidence decade after decade to keep the rank and file believing in the lie?

I view these ones just as culpable as the govern body for being willing being participants in lie, surely deep down they had to know their anointed status was complete BS. Now the highest levels of the power in the org have pretty much said as much.

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

What this means for me personally, is that my own great grandmother was a crook, the same as the governing body. She lied to my grandmother, and told her that she was anointed by holy spirit. In essence tuning herself into an idol/false flag for our family to follow and pass down in subsequent generations, which did influence important choices down the line.

Had she not chosen to lie about that it would be so interesting to see how different our family history might have turned out.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

A social psychological means for people to elevate themselves before their social peers who are also JWS.

There is a recognized self induced delusional factor as well,

whether your a GB member or just a basic rank and file member of the JWS.

Its also an effort by many to entice love and respect as being an recognized anointed one.

Isn't organized religion a game of expressed illusions ?

• blondie
    blondie

I believe the current GB concept came into being in the early 1970's with 18 members which has varied of the years. WT publications have shown as few as 8, now 7. There have never been just 12, nor was 12 a mystical number they have aimed for. Now the LDS (Mormons) limit the membership of their board, the Apostles, to 12.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit