There are some questions I have had about the JWs view "post-Armaggeddon"

by booker-t 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• blondie
    blondie

The Nations Shall Know That I Am Jehovah" -- How? (book, 1971) pp. 376-377

21 This feast for the birds of every sort and for the wild beasts is called a "sacrifice" by Jehovah, for sacrifices made to him in pre-Christian times called for the slaughter of animal and bird victims. Their blood has to flow. In Revelation 19:17 it is called "the great evening meal of God." The offering of communion sacrifices or peace offerings to Jehovah used to be the occasion for feasting on part of the victim's flesh by the offerer and his kinsmen. In the sacrificial feast that Jehovah spreads for the birds and wild beasts by his glorious victory over Gog's crowd, Jehovah places no bar upon them against drinking the blood of the slain humans, a thing forbidden to human creatures from Noah's day onward. (Genesis 9:1-4) This spells great reproach for the executed ones of Gog's crowd. When, for instance, the scavenger dogs of Jezreel devoured the carcass of wicked Queen Jezebel, they left only some bones to be buried. (2 Kings 9:30-37) How much, then, will the birds and wild beasts leave of the carcasses of Gog's crowd to be buried in the Valley of Gog's Crowd? Bones?

22 The fact that Jehovah leaves the bodies of those slain at the defeat of Gog's attack lying exposed on the ground for birds and wild beasts to gorge themselves upon symbolizes that they will not be laid in respected memorial tombs in hope of a resurrection for them. The unburied dead, "those slain by Jehovah," will be so enormously many that even the carrion birds and scavenging wild beasts could never take care of their consumption. The burial of even what remains after these lower creatures have their fill would be stupendous. Doubtless the Almighty God will use some highly scientific means, whether including antimatter or not, to dispose of the surplus of decaying bodies in a speedy and sanitary way. This remains for the survivors of the "war of the great day" to see and witness. We remember that Noah and his seven fellow survivors of the global Deluge were not burdened with burying the human victims of that world catastrophe after they came out of the ark and renewed Jehovah's worship on earth.—Genesis 8:18-22.

23 'How horrible all this!' Should that be our reaction of mind toward this prophecy of the disastrous defeat of Gog's dastardly attack upon the only remaining peaceful worshiper of Jehovah on earth at the end of this violent system of things? Not rightly so! No matter how terrible it may seem to people who as a community took part in gory world wars Nos. I and II, Jehovah has spoken it prophetically, and that means it will be sure to come to pass.

[Emphasis Added]

Watchtower 1960 April 1 p.219 Part 35: "Your Will Be Done on Earth"

25 Studies have been made of the effect of cosmic rays on living cells in animal bodies, particularly with respect to disorders of the mind. What effect do they have or will they have on the way men behave here on earth? Certainly the Creator of cosmic rays, Jehovah God, could use these to affect the minds of his enemies, including the king of the north and the king of the south, and could drive them to mutual slaughter: "every man's sword shall be against his brother." (Ezek. 38:21, AS) In this prophecy God warns that he will also use other natural forces that are at his disposal, possibly a rain of antimatter that has the property of annihilating any material thing that it meets. He warns all scoffers that he will do an 'unusual work.'—Isa. 28:21.

[Emphasis Added]

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

Just like after the flood when Jehovah made the 2 Kangaroos on the Ark hop their way to the Indian ocean and swim south to Austrailia before multiplying, he'll make sure that each of the non JW's to be slaughtered, digs a hole for themselves before he kills them. The next person in line to be killed will fill in the hole for the person before him, and so on and so on. There may be a special loving provision that alows parents to dig holes for their little children or elderly family members before he kills them.

Didn't Hitler do something like that when he first got into the human extermination biz?

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

One thing I never understood about living forever is how we will maintain our teeth. They crack, wear down, and get cavities. Teeth were never designed for eternity. And unlike other creatures, we don't get a new set every few years.

This will especially be a problem if maintain a diet of fruits. Too much sugar.

Will we have heavenly guidance on tooth maintenance? What if we refuse to brush our teeth? What is our punishment? Will teeth be transformed every few years? If that happens will we engage in teeth-risky behavior?

This has been a question of mine for a long time, I glad we have a forum to answer such questions.

What a wonderful site with answers to everything.

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

So the animals that are currently carnivorous will suddenly have no interest in the consumption of meat, and the birds will become ravenous flesh eaters.

Is that the teaching?

• objectivetruth
    objectivetruth

Eom - It is interesting that Ez 38 & 39 seem to be the same event. It seems possible that 38 is referring to an event in Jerusalem during this age. And 39 is referring to an event at the end of the 1000 years.

Here is some info about the nations that attack.

Some feel that Meshech can refer to modern day Russia.

2 - “Son of man, set your face against Gog of the land of Ma′gog, the head chieftain of Me′shech and Tu′bal, and prophesy against him. (Warlike allies or subjects to Gog of Magog)

Psalms 120:5-7 " 5 Woe to me, for I have lived as a foreigner in Me′shech! I have been dwelling among the tents of Ke′dar. 6 I have been dwelling far too long With those who hate peace. 7 I am for peace, but when I speak, They are for war."

Meshech = Mushku / Phyrgians (King Midas of phyrgia) Mushku > Muskovites of Russia

Tubal - Uncircumsised ones with whom, Egyptians will lie with in Sheol.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Well according to what Jesus told Nicodemus at John chapter 3, that one needs to be born again to see the kingdom of god, most JW's wont be alive to worry about post-Armag.

• fastJehu
    fastJehu

@ NewYork44M ... " One thing I never understood about living forever is how we will maintain our teeth."

Here another thing about teeth, I never understood:

*** gt chap. 133 Jesus Finishes All God Asks ***
    Think of it! Under Jesus’ loving attention, the entire human family—Armageddon survivors, their offspring, and the thousands of millions of resurrected dead who obey him—will grow toward human perfection.

JWs survive Armageddon.
    How many dentists will be among this surviving JWs?
    Enough to medicate all?

A clear NO.

Also a clear fact (for me), that it can NOT last 1000 years to get human perfection.

Another point: the resurrected will have perfect teeth (god can not resurrect imperfect humans - because all his doing is perfect).
    So after Armageddon there will be 2 classes of people: surviving JWs with imperfect teeths, and resurrected with perfect teeth.

• FrankieGoesToHollywood
    FrankieGoesToHollywood

There will bee no earthly resurrection, according to the christian scriptures anyway. Just another Watchtower fallacy among many.

And of course:there will bee no "Paradise Earth forever" either, a big fat lie according to both Jesus and the early christians.

• DuvanMuvan
    DuvanMuvan

I never got the "pain and death will be no more" stuff. So can I jump off a cliff without dying? Will it still hurt? Can humans live in places that they woulent be able to before like Antarctica without worrying about hypothermia and frostbite? (I still want my pet penguin damn it)

What about things like drugs and alcohol? Can you take as many drugs or drink as much as you want without dying because I thought the main reason we shouldn't do that today was because it was bad for you and the bible says to take care of yourself.

Also, who gets resurrected? I was always taught it was almost everyone who had died because many had not had the chance to know about god. What about a jw's relatives that left the "truth" before they died, do they not get resurrected? That's like their no.1 selling point in terms of getting people interested in the religion but if your loved one rejected god then it doesn't apply to you and you only find out once you're in too deep.

• Listener
    Listener

Another of their ideas is that people will be resurrected gradually, not all at once. I think they believe the more faithful ones will be resurrected amongst the first. This means that the wicked ones will have less time to learn about God.

They come to these speculative conclusions on their own without thinking that God will do things the way he has planned and it is always unnerving to see them think they know what God has planned.

Who even really knows if there will be an earthly resurrection or not. This is just another trick we see from this religion and others, they pretend to know in order for people to follow them thinking they have all the answers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit