Might Get to See My Grandchildren Today

by mrquik 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Best wishes. I hope your grandkids and you are able to reconnect!

• jam
    jam

Mrqulk: How do you think you will react when you

see your daughter and grandchildren?

My son will be getting married in a few weeks and

his sisters and mother are coming to the wedding (JW's).

The one daughter I haven't seen in 12-14 years (she have two daughters)

one I have never met. I'm pissed, but it will be my son day, don't

want to mess that up.

I wonder, if I attempt to embrace my grand-daughters, will they pull

away, will my daughter even introduce to my grandkids. Makes me sick.

Please let us know how yours turn out.

This is not a JW wedding but a Mormon wedding, go figure.

• mrquik
    mrquik

Hi to all; Well I walked into the funeral home & it was packed with my son-in-law's family. I looked around but didn't see either my daughter or grandkids. As it was early, I wasn't even sure they were there. I talked briefly to my son-in-law & while talking, my daughter came out of a side room with my grandkids. She aimed them in my direction but made no attempt to approach me. My grandkids came over smiling. They said nothing. My son-in-law introduced me to them by my first name. They stood for just seconds, then drifted away. It was indeed short but nice to see them. I take some comfort in knowing they are smart kids. They will grow up, go to college, realize the lies & hypocrisy and then come to meet their grandfather. In the meantime, as I have always said to all & especially to myself; Live Well.......Enjoy Life.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Wait...your son in law didnt identify you to them as Grandpa?

Im trying to contain my rage at this fucking cult right now because you seem to be fairly upbeat about this...

• Gregor
    Gregor

Good that you were able to see them.

When it comes to being small and petty, it's hard to beat a pious, loving JW.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Live well . . . Enjoy life, mrquik. At least you are free of the WTBTS.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• humbled
    humbled

This sounds like a visit in a jail. Only shorter, with less talking.

You are a champ for going.

Live well, enjoy life, mr.quik.

I hope they come around.

• chicken little
    chicken little

Hej Mr. Quik,

glad you got to see them, my mother-in-law ignored my children when they were over to attend her exhusband's funeral. She stood talking to her daughter who had never been baptized but ignored her son's children because she obviously viewed them as not worthy of her greetings. My daughter just laughed it off :( she said she had had years of shunning that made her grandmother's attempt look pathetic in comparison. My daughter was never baptized, I think it was so mean. I have just become a grandmother for both of my grown kids, nothing would ever make me behave so badly.

You are wonderful to keep so optimistic.

Hugs

Chicken little

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit