How Were You Affected by All The Rules & Regulations From The Watchtower Society?

by minimus 24 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

There are SO MANY directives for Elders, Pioneers, Ministerial Servants and "Publishers", it is mind boggling!!!

To fulfill all of their expectaions, you would have to be perfect!

I must say, that I really don't know how some do it, every day, ever week....I wonder how long some of the Elders that frequent this board will still push the flock like the Watchtower says they must.

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

I don't push the flock the way the WTS insists that we do, that is why I am sure my days as an elder are numbered . I already am on the radar of several on my body since I don't volunteer for things, I don't show up to congregation sponsored gatherings i.e. the end of the year pioneer festival to same one. I have chosen to do things this way because, well I guess I am a coward and can't confront them about my true feelings about the "truth". Being pushed out is easier in some ways..

• minimus
    minimus

Interesting.

I know many stay in for the sake of peace in their families.

But after YEARS and YEARS, leading a double life can't be a good thing.

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

I am primarily staying to maintain peace in my family, my wife is one of those types that likes the fact that her husband has status. If I get pushed out she may be more suseptible to my accusation that this organization isn't directed by god at all. At least I hope she feels that way.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

I don't think I truly understood the amount of rules I was under until I left. It was a gradual awakening. I had to learn how to think and what I thought was good or bad. To this day I'm still a work in progress, I'm OK with that. I am OK with not knowing the answers to everything. I never did but thought I did.

• blondie
  • hoser
    hoser

mrs hoser and I are publishers and pretty much do our own thing. We put our lives in first place and the wts second or last. We attend meetings and do service when it is convenient for us. I think pretty much that the elders have given up on us and don't try to push anymore, except for one elder who just can't seem to take a hint.

• minimus
    minimus

Blondie---LOL

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Just thinking about this. . . .

Yes, they heap on rules, regulations, duties, "privileges". . . . You feel like you've been run ragged. .. .

Then they have you implement this thought-stopping technique: "Are you stressed out? That's Satan's system; Feel like you're busy with no time for yourself? Don't blame it on the Trooth! ---- It must be your job. . . " and so on.

That is a great picture BLONDIE

• minimus
    minimus

I am so glad I'm out!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit