What happened to the "Witness" part of Jehovah's Witnesses?

by donny 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• snowbird
    snowbird

Tee hee hee @ Donny.

Sylvia

• designs
    designs

I remember some years there were last minute changes on where in town the meeting would be held- community center, park center. It meant last minute new invites.

• emeth
  • donny
    donny

Well Emeth that definitley looks better than the one I received. I like how in recent years that Jesus bears a strong resemblance to Kenny Loggins. I guess I was wrong, Jesus was of European decent.

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

I like my wife's description of the Memorial from an outsider's point of view..."it has all the warmth of a tax seminar"!

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

The WT is basically a Ponzi Scheme, there are so many either leaving or not giving full support (donations) that they need new recruits coming into make up the shortfall. Really, over the decades they have been piss-poor at recruiting, when you look at the hours spent in the work, but now it is simply a joke.

I do not see hardly any being drawn in by the low calibre JW's that now less than half-heartedly go Dto D or man trolleys from a distance.

They are now going through a kind of re-branding, but all Corporations know that re-branding alone is not sufficient, you need an enthusiastic Sales Force to punch home the new brand.

JW's have never had a really enthusiastic Sales Force, and now they have no-one who knows how to sell !

They are in trouble, but probably do not realise it yet.

• emeth
    emeth

@phizzy Dream on ,.. its all wishful thinking

• mynameislame
    mynameislame

Is this new? I don't remember a push to invite non-members to the memorial. They were always too scared they might partake. I thought it was just studies, relatives and inactive ones that you made an effort to invite.

Seems like the worst meeting on the planet to be invited to if you want to drum up interest.

Maybe it's a push to make this seem like it just might be the last memorial?

• emeth
    emeth

@mynameislame not its not new they do this every year

• DuvanMuvan
    DuvanMuvan

@mynameislame for the past 8 years that i was actually going to meetings I always remember how they loved to go on about pioneering in the memorial season. (Also if you didn't know there's a memorial season)

In my kh we always had at least 60 more people turn up on Memorial Day than normal and this spike in attendance usually only lasts for a couple weeks the. It goes back to normal

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit