DEAD LAMBS!

by moman 18 Replies latest jw friends

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

deddaisy:

I agree with you 100% I just feel that this issue has merit without the need for comparisons.

When I DAed myself, a long time friend/Elder tried to talk me out of my decision, and one issue I raised was the blood issue and the loss of life that had occurred with the Hemophiliacs , all based on WT policy (Ray Franz’ two books had a very profound impact on my thinking at that time). When I asked how he felt about all the lives lost because of WT Policy and not based on any moral direction from Jehovah, he stated that he will gladly welcome them back as faithful ones in the new system! His reply helped hasten my departure......

• metatron
    metatron

a very old Catholic defense used in mass murders during the
    Inquisition:

"Kill them all, God will know his own"

now a U.S. Marine/ Special Forces motto:

"Kill them all, God can sort them out"

metatron

• deddaisy
    deddaisy

ThiChi,
    I agree that the issue needs no comparisons... I wasn't directing my ramblings at you, actually I was agreeing with your point of view but then got caught up in the article I had recently read...I agree that most of the Dead Lambs willingly were sacrificed...

The thing about the blood policy that gets me is when someone:

1)is NOT an ADULT, but is FORCED into making an ADULT decision, i.e. "shoud I take blood and be shamed by my faith and family, or should I, as an invincible young person stand by what's been shoved down my throat as the "right" thing to do?"

2)is NOT an ADULT, but who's life is dependent upon their adult parents, who have decided that since THEY will die for the WTS, their baby certainly should too.

In order to commit oneself (in Baptism) to this moronic society, a person should have to be an adult.

ThiChi, it's so good that you got out of there....

• ballistic
    ballistic

ok, I know I've started a few joke threads recently, but most of you know how I feel about this subject. Today I recieved all the newspaper cuttings, and the autopsy report for my father who died due to blood loss with out a transfusion.
    To be honest, I had intended using it all as material for a web site, but as I read it,
    a. I was taken back 18 years to the event which was upsetting and b. several pages of autopsy made me feel ill. Anyway, it all made me feel ill.
    I decided I could not, after all, rub my fathers nose in the mud by publishing any of this. He died for his beliefs and that's how it stands.
    The story though still stands. That is the story that so many people have to tell of the blood on the hands of the organisation. Innocent blood runs fast and furious from their altar and there a thousands of people left behind to tell the story.
    I will email clips to anyone who I have built up trust for here but I cannot publish it.
    This is just too sad.

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

deddaisy:

Great points, I have enjoyed your thoughts.....It is truly heart breaking to see how the WT uses shunning in this matter. All the lives (young and old alike) that are affected in such a way that if you do make it out alive, you could still be treated as dead, for the sake of adhering to a policy that has already changed many times over the years...........

• deddaisy
    deddaisy

ballistic: my heart goes out to you. just reading your comment took me back to when I lost my mom. losing a parent or child, especially when you are helpless to stop it, leaves a hole in your soul....

the pain that this organization has CAUSED with it's indoctrinations is inexcusable. now the G.B. is old, and brittle, and will soon be as rotten and decayed outside as they are inside. I only wish that before they die, they sit in hospital room day in and day out, watching a loved one, that needs a transfusion, die.

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

There is NOTHING voluntary about a JW refusing a life-saving blood transfusion in an emergency life-threatening situation.

LET'S GET THAT STRAIGHT. THAT IS COERSION OF THE MOST BLATANT KIND.

Dead LAMBS are NOT willing sacrifices. They do NOT volunteer for this. Many JW's limp along and hope they never face the situation. That is why so many people, including children, are involuntarily transfused. Now more and more adults are treated the same.

I only found out recently from AJWRB that it was forbidden to tell the physicians that accepting blood transfusions will result in expulsion/shunning. Now health-care workers are angry that they've been duped all these years, and they won't be fooled again.

It's also the reason Watchtower had to go backwards a step and change their policy to "They can have ONE transfusion and if they are sorry they won't be expelled".

Fewer and fewer health care workers are willing to take the bait a second time. You just watch, things are going to change rapidly. NEVER again will the medical community let Watchtower put the public through this again.

BEFORE YOU TRY AND REMOVE THE STICK FROM MY ARSE, REMOVE THE TELEPHONE POLE FROM YOUR OWN ARSE.

• crawdad2
    crawdad2

hi ballistic,

to bad you're father fell into the trap of the gov body.
    he could have survived that.

i wonder what the gov body thinks about all the deaths they've caused....

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

dungbeetle:

I do believe in fact most are willingly following the WT policy on Blood. As an Elder, I was called on more than once by the victim to help assure the Brothers on the Hospital Liaison Committee were doing their job and to assure the Doctor knew we were watching.
    Most do agree and accept the WT policy (as I did, until I read Franz second book, ISOCF and realized it was rubbish). The point is this, all Jws can read and study the WT policy on Blood and accept it or leave as Dfd or DAd. So far, the overwhelming majority of Jws not only accept the WT policy on Blood, they defend it to the death. The rise in popularity in bloodless treatments and Bloodless Hospitals are one side affect.

Even if the wt Blood policy was reversed in its entirety today, and the taking of Blood became a matter of conscious, the overwhelming number of Jws WOULD still reject Blood.

I know of many ex JWs who still hold the Wt policy on Blood to this day......I still, inside, would only use Blood as the very last resort. Why? I think it is the WT drilling in my head all those years....even with the facts. However, I still choose!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit